made some arrows in the down time

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those traditional archers who are interested in building their own custom arrows.
Forum rules
This area strictly for arrows. Building, flight or broadhead flight.
jaydee2trad

made some arrows in the down time

#1 Post by jaydee2trad »

With the cold and rain, about to turn into ice, I have been busy building a few arrows. Mainly just wood arrows, nothing special but some with goose feathers. I have some goose feathers that I need to split and work into fletching but I still have a lot of trouble seeing what I am doing. I can see that even my crow feathers will work, if I can get to where I can see good enough to split them. Right now, I am "The Butcher" and ruin more than I make usable. I managed to get my wife involved in some shaft staining as well as painting some of them. I have always loved the sight of finished arrows in a quiver, especially a good back quiver. The transformation of materials into arrows is very satisfying for me. Just the slowness of only having one fletching jig but oh well. I pretty much quit buying completed arrows 40 years ago when I got my fletching jig. I never claimed to make beautiful arrows like some take the time to do, I just want good functional arrows that do what I need them to do. Too many rocks around here to see one destroyed LOL.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: made some arrows in the down time

#2 Post by Captainkirk »

Good to hear some of you are still making arrows! I haven't because I haven't shot any or broke/lost them as a result. Sometimes I just wanna make them to make them whether I need them or not.
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “All about arrows”