The wait begins... (Flatline Hypertension) :)

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those who enjoy the craft of building traditional bows.
Forum rules
No selling of traditional bows you manufactured. Only sponsors are allowed to post new bows for sale.
47909Hunter

Re: The wait begins... (Flatline Hypertension) :)

#61 Post by 47909Hunter »

Woooohooooo! Picked up the bow, chrono'ed it, and got to sling a few arrows at Jose's elk target. :D I had a blast, and now I have an awesome bow.

Traditional #1: Flatline Hypertension, 66", 48@28, Ash and Yew (#12017)
Traditional #2: Flatline Hypertension, 66", 42@28, Bocote and Wenge (#112017)
Compound: 2016 Defiant 30, Black Gold Ascent, 10" Bee Stinger Pro Hunter Maxxxxxxxx, QAD Ultra, Etc

Longtrad

#62 Post by Longtrad »

looking good, I like seeing light golden colored bows, what did it chrono at? I wish I had one I could run some arrows through.

47909Hunter

#63 Post by 47909Hunter »

Longtrad wrote:looking good, I like seeing light golden colored bows, what did it chrono at? I wish I had one I could run some arrows through.
~163 FPS or so, but due to oddness being indoors, it's probably actually a bit over 170. (I had brain weirdness in the small space in the workshop; wasn't getting to full draw.)
Compound: 2016 Defiant 30, Black Gold Ascent, 10" Bee Stinger Pro Hunter Maxxxxxxxx, QAD Ultra, Etc

Shadowhntr

#64 Post by Shadowhntr »

Man, just look at that bow tiller.....NICE! Man you got yourself one heck of a bow there! I favor light-ish colored bows too. Of course, I like dark ones a lot too, but I think the scales tips slightly towards the lighter colors.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#65 Post by Carpdaddy »

Nice, nice, and nicer! Looks great at full draw. Speaking of not getting to full draw, you sure appear to be on that draw in the picture. Also I was noticing how high on the face you anchor, I'm usually down at corner of mouth with index finger. You are up closer to the eye with your anchor, funny how different we do the same things and it works for us. Enjoy your bow.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#66 Post by Captainkirk »

You are showing some darn good form if I do say so myself! I like the wood on the bow!
Aim small, miss small!

47909Hunter

#67 Post by 47909Hunter »

Carpdaddy wrote:Nice, nice, and nicer! Looks great at full draw. Speaking of not getting to full draw, you sure appear to be on that draw in the picture. Also I was noticing how high on the face you anchor, I'm usually down at corner of mouth with index finger. You are up closer to the eye with your anchor, funny how different we do the same things and it works for us. Enjoy your bow.
Yeah. Some people believe "my way or no way," but in the end, each archer has to shoot the way that lets them hit what they want to hit.

My instructor favors the cartilage flag at the front of ear as an anchor (thumb "closes" the ear with that flap). It works well for me due to glasses clearance issues too. It felt pretty natural to me the first time I tried it too so I went with it. No point in trying to force into something that feels unnatural.

Can't wait to head over to the shop today and do some more shooting (and bareshaft tuning...)

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#68 Post by Carpdaddy »

That's great Jon, keep doing what works for you regardless of how anyone else does it. As long as one is doing the same thing every time the internal sights will do their part. My shorter to the corner of mouth anchor sometimes causes me to turn my head into the string rather than bringing the string to it, not easy on the lip! You get a longer draw that way, just noticed it and thought it was interesting. I also noticed that you are shooting with the wrong hand. :lol: :lol:

47909Hunter

#69 Post by 47909Hunter »

And the wait begins again. :D

I'm having another one built, and the queue is 6+ months now!

This one in bocote and wenge. >.>

stumper

#70 Post by stumper »

Well done and congrats
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Return to “The Bowyer”