Lamination issue from Binghams

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those who enjoy the craft of building traditional bows.
Forum rules
No selling of traditional bows you manufactured. Only sponsors are allowed to post new bows for sale.
Kamn

Lamination issue from Binghams

#1 Post by Kamn »

Wondering if anyone else out there has had this problem?
I just measured the width on my Maple lams and they are wider than 1-3/4".....almost an 1/8" wider? WTH?

Wondering if this was a QC issue and I should just shoot them through the table saw and trim to size

Thanks for any input

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Lamination issue from Binghams

#2 Post by Carpdaddy »

Haven't got much from them but never had an issue either. My only thing was with their shipping charges and they have since resolved that by charging actual shipping cost like the others.

Kamn

#3 Post by Kamn »

How about your 1.5" laminations you get....are they actually 1.5" or a little wider?
Does your stack all line up nicely when laid on top of each other?

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#4 Post by Carpdaddy »

Yes they usually do. For good prices and some beautiful veneers check out Troy Breeding.. www.Woodgallery295.net He has core lams at great prices. Tapered or parallel Maple, walnut, Elm... for $10.00. Bamboo tapers or parallel's for $12.00.
Also Kenny Mackenzie is starting back up, I use to get everything from him but his other job took him away for a while. Don't think his site is back up yet.

Kamn

#5 Post by Kamn »

Was trying to find out out about KennyM for his info on r/d bows.......future build though

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#6 Post by Carpdaddy »

Kamn wrote:Was trying to find out out about KennyM for his info on r/d bows.......future build though
I did have two of those plans saved but when I pulled them up I got a blank page. Trying to copy and paste here but not working . I'll figure it out later and get you those.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#7 Post by Carpdaddy »

Not having any luck on uploading the KennyM plans but you can probably find them over on the Tradgang site. Kenny is doing a build along now, very helpful guy. I'm sure if you can't find them he will help you out.

Return to “The Bowyer”