Best TRAD bow?

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those who enjoy the craft of building traditional bows.
Forum rules
No selling of traditional bows you manufactured. Only sponsors are allowed to post new bows for sale.
gettin closer

Re: Best TRAD bow?

#16 Post by gettin closer »

I will have to go with a longbow anyday over a recurve. I do not know what it is but I like the sound, feel and the overall way a longbow shoots over a recurve.

As far as longbows go, after shooting a Poison Dart Bow earlier this year, I now have one on order. It is hard to find a bow that is smooth and low handshock with a 31 3/4" draw. The poison dart that I shot was only 62" long and felt amazing and the dang arrows must have had GPS as they all flew where they were supposed to! It did not stack at all! The bow I have on order is a 2 piece 64" longbow that will be between 50# to 53# at 31" so it would be about 52# to 55# at my draw length.

Of course this is only based on the dozen or so longbows I have shot. A good second is a Bob Sarrels Sierra longbow. It has all of the same qualities but it does not seem to hit as hard. It is very smooth and forgiving though...

Return to “The Bowyer”