New flemish string board on it's way from Croatia

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those who enjoy the craft of building traditional bows.
Forum rules
No selling of traditional bows you manufactured. Only sponsors are allowed to post new bows for sale.
Shadowhntr

Re: New flemish string board on it's way from Croatia

#11 Post by Shadowhntr »

That's a very nice board....its reminiscent of Bear Paw boards, which as far as I know are not available in the U.S.

I'm gonna get a board and build strings here soon. Dave has a nice board for a great price so I'm gonna be getting one of those. I went to great lengths trying to get a Bear Paw, but once I understood the board designs, I realized that for myself and my needs, a good built simple board is all I'd need. I certainly do like your Croatian board... its VERY nice. 8-)
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

stumper

#12 Post by stumper »

Shadowhntr wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:39 pm That's a very nice board....its reminiscent of Bear Paw boards, which as far as I know are not available in the U.S.

I'm gonna get a board and build strings here soon. Dave has a nice board for a great price so I'm gonna be getting one of those. I went to great lengths trying to get a Bear Paw, but once I understood the board designs, I realized that for myself and my needs, a good built simple board is all I'd need. I certainly do like your Croatian board... its VERY nice. 8-)
I have a bear paw board. They are available from Kustom king archery. I will say its a decent board and does it's job just fine. I am very fond of bear paw (love the slick stick and black glove) products but thought the fit and finish could have been better. Also the bear paw board does a 50" string as the shortest length. I still use it alot, though I have added some of my own hacks to it! I still havent built myself a board, but there is a member on this site that has my very first board, which is the one I took all the pictures with.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Shadowhntr

#13 Post by Shadowhntr »

Dave...Ive seen the ones at custom king but didn't read or know they were Bear Paw. That board isn't even close to the Bear Paw board im talking about thats unavailable here in the U.S. I've called and talked to Kustom King about ordering it and they said they cannot get it because of some import problems associated with it.

Here is the board I believe your talking about..

Screenshot_20180426-171749-270x480.png
Screenshot_20180426-171749-270x480.png (70.1 KiB) Viewed 174 times

Here is the one I'm talking about....

Screenshot_20180426-172057-270x480.png
Screenshot_20180426-172057-270x480.png (94.24 KiB) Viewed 174 times
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

stumper

#14 Post by stumper »

ah yes that one looks much nicer.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Return to “The Bowyer”