Bow boo boo

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those who enjoy the craft of building traditional bows.
Forum rules
No selling of traditional bows you manufactured. Only sponsors are allowed to post new bows for sale.
Dan

Re: Bow boo boo

#21 Post by Dan »

It’s a Robertson Stykbow purist. 64” 63#@27.5
I’ve started shooting it more and more the last few years and I really like it. I have to shoot pretty regular to keep my muscles in shape, it draws in the upper 60’s at my 29” draw.

Shadowhntr

#22 Post by Shadowhntr »

Sounds good Dan. I hope it last hundreds of shots for you esp how good it fits you and your excellent shooting with it.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Dan

#23 Post by Dan »

I hope so. I’ve always wanted to get a custom bow built for me, I guess if it falls apart I’ll at least have an excuse to spend the money.

Nock

#24 Post by Nock »

63 :shock:
Happiness is a tight chain!

Dan

#25 Post by Dan »

67 or so at my 29” draw

Elkman
Site Admin

#26 Post by Elkman »

Dan wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:58 pm It’s a Robertson Stykbow purist.
Another fine Bowyer from here in Montana. If needed, I'm sure Dick would help you out with that repair so that you can shoot it for many years to come.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Dan

#27 Post by Dan »

I thought of that, but with hunting season getting close I figured I could get it glued back together and not be without it. If it comes apart again it may get sent out to Montana for a professional repair.

Longtrad

#28 Post by Longtrad »

there sure seem to be a lot of bowyers in Montana, hope that bow holds for ya, but just in case it doesn't... what custom Bowyers have you been looking into :D :D

Dan

#29 Post by Dan »

Well I like this Robertson and I’ve had my eys one a Tolke whip. There are a lot of bowyers here in Michigan also. I’ve heard great things about Flatline bows that Jose makes. I think there are too many choices, I need to hit the lotto.

stumper

#30 Post by stumper »

I have three flatlines now. Love them!! And Jose is a class act! I want to get a bow from Tom here in the near future.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Return to “The Bowyer”