Still learning

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those who enjoy the craft of building traditional bows.
Forum rules
No selling of traditional bows you manufactured. Only sponsors are allowed to post new bows for sale.
jaydee2trad

Still learning

#1 Post by jaydee2trad »

Still learning as I go and I have learned a lot. I have become a lot more comfortable with the draw knife although one needs to be mindful for some wood rips and tears that can take out deeper chunks than you planned on. I am using this tool to get much closer to the lines that I have drawn and using the rasp less than I had been. it is more about making your tools work better for you to be more productive with them. I have been taking more pictures and then stopping to study them more closely. I have found myself sneaking out to do a little bit more when I find that I have a minute or two. Been going to see various Docs a lot here lately and this week is no exception. will probably get a shot in my left eye this Friday. I guess that the tillering process is the most important thing in a bow build and requires a lot of thought as well. Tiller first and weight second but be mindful of both as you go. But is is a good thing to have good friends to fall back on for advice or help and James has been that kind of a friend. of course this is always an ongoing learning thing as each piece of wood is so different. Jerry

Greg Felty

Re: Still learning

#2 Post by Greg Felty »

I have learned a lot from James also. Thankful to have him as a friend.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Jamesh76

Re: Still learning

#3 Post by Jamesh76 »

Thanks guys, always ask questions. I do all the time. Be patient and never rush.

Return to “The Bowyer”