I'm back!

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those who enjoy the craft of building traditional bows.
Forum rules
No selling of traditional bows you manufactured. Only sponsors are allowed to post new bows for sale.
Jon McGinnis

I'm back!

#1 Post by Jon McGinnis »

Ok, all. I'm back. Since last year, I have built 2 Osage selfbows and 3 board bows. Each of them taught me something new. Tonight I finished a bamboo-backed hickory bow. Unfortunately, this one formed a crack from the pressure. I now know why we don't see many hickory/bamboo bows. Once it was clear that it was a dead bow, I picked up an osage-takedown bow.

I'm a missionary who travels and teaches worldwide (yes, even during COVID). When I'm not traveling, I'm going to be building bows. I hope to be on here more in 2022. Y'all have a good New Year!
1 John 4:14 "And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world"

Greg Felty

Re: I'm back!

#2 Post by Greg Felty »

Glad to see you back Jon. Did you get to hunt with one of the self bows?
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Jon McGinnis

#3 Post by Jon McGinnis »

I chickened out and used the crossbow. The bad news is I didn't use the selfbow. The good news is I shot 3 deer this year. So I hang my head in shame...while I'm eating backstrap. Next year my boy uses the crossbow, and I'll be using the selfbow.

*I did go out a dozen times with it. Never had a deer close enough to shoot.
1 John 4:14 "And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world"

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#4 Post by Carpdaddy »

Welcome back!
Hope you have a Blessed New Year!

Elkman
Site Admin

#5 Post by Elkman »

Hey Jon

Welcome back to the site!!!