Spring Bow Group Build Along

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those who enjoy the craft of building traditional bows.
Forum rules
No selling of traditional bows you manufactured. Only sponsors are allowed to post new bows for sale.
Jamesh76

Spring Bow Group Build Along

#1 Post by Jamesh76 »

Anyone interested? Stave or board. Jerry and Greg are building bows from last years effort. Who’s in?

Elkman
Site Admin

Re: Spring Bow Group Build Along

#2 Post by Elkman »

I know I said this last time and didn't follow through with it, but I will say it again.

I might give it a try. Maybe I will learn something from it and increase my knowledge as a Bowyer.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Greg Felty

#3 Post by Greg Felty »

Elkman wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:27 am I know I said this last time and didn't follow through with it, but I will say it again.

I might give it a try. Maybe I will learn something from it and increase my knowledge as a Bowyer.
Hope you give it a try Tom. James is a great teacher
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

stumper

#4 Post by stumper »

I’m either gonna finish my other one or grab a board.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Jamesh76

#5 Post by Jamesh76 »

April 1 may be a good date to start for anyone interested. This gives time to make tools or tiller boards etc needed and find a good board or 2

Jon McGinnis

#6 Post by Jon McGinnis »

I'm in for sure! I have one trip the first two weeks of April, then I'm around until Fall.
1 John 4:14 "And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world"

Jamesh76

#7 Post by Jamesh76 »

Sounds good. Start looking for a board :). Probably should decide of those interested if we want pyramid or flat bow design.

Jamesh76

#8 Post by Jamesh76 »

Well, Dave is hit/miss on here, Jon has not been signed in since early Feb. Tom says maybe. We will just postpone this. If any of you want to try one, message me and I will help you out. There isn't enough activity here for a involved build along with multiple members like I would like. Two members participated in the past and have several bows under their belts now. I imagine most of you are like me anymore. Just checking in to see if there is any new content and see the last post being 3-4 days old then move on.

stumper

#9 Post by stumper »

Yeah. Works been crazy and I have a new born. I might be able to start one in a few weeks. Then again maybe not just depending on life. I may have more time in summer and fall to do it though. Not to mention I am rarely on here. I definitely would like to get back into bow making.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Greg Felty

#10 Post by Greg Felty »

Trying to finish up my winter build. Hickory 64" ntn. Thanks to James for all his help.
IMG_1031.jpeg
IMG_1031.jpeg (78.5 KiB) Viewed 303 times
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Return to “The Bowyer”