Compton Traditional Bowhunters Rendezvous

Traditional archery events, club announcements, 3D shoots.
Forum rules
Post all club events or traditional archery related gatherings.
Greg Felty

Compton Traditional Bowhunters Rendezvous

#1 Post by Greg Felty »

Anyone going this year? I have never been there but was thinking about going. I had plans on taking my grandson but they just changed his baseball schedule now he has a game. :(
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Jose

Re: Compton Traditional Bowhunters Rendezvous

#2 Post by Jose »

Yep, I will be there!!! Been going every year but one (Disneyland... :x ) Getting quite excited about it actually! Not as a vendor, just as a guy with a family that will actually shoot with me there. This is the one time a year both my sons and my wife will shoot bow. Love it!!! I plan on arriving Wednesday morning to get a camp site in preps for the Thursday shooting, and Friday, and Saturday, and Sunday. I will be taking my smoker too in hopes of some great shooting, eating, camping, and everything else that goes along with it. If anyone goes look me up! I will have a black avalanche that has "Flatline Bows" on the rear window.....shocker.. ;)

Graps

#3 Post by Graps »

I've wanted to go to Compton's for a long time, but I doubt I'll make it this year . :|
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Grizzly

#4 Post by Grizzly »

The wife and I went for years and loved it. She got so that travel got tough for her around 2011. She still shoots from her wheelchair. I need to gather up all the bows and get the family out soon. The grandkids have been itching to go. Maybe throw some fixins in and make a day of it.

I mentioned Compton was coming up and the one daughter said she was game, but I doubt Mother could handle the long ride and weekend.

We were there the year the storm lifted the tent up off the poles late in the evening and dropped the whole thing down on all the exhibitors tables during a hard rain. Boy, that was bad. My wife said to me that the tent was on the ground, and she got the sure, sure, honey routine until I looked for myself. If I remember correctly, they had tried a new outfit that year. Even with that mishap, it was still a great weekend. Always is up there. Get tired of shooting? and you can watch the river roll by or even camp above it if you get there early enough. Bring something for the swap meet on Saturday. They usually have a great exhibit set up indoors to spend some time at after everyone shuts down for the evening. The host club is just great up there.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Return to “Events”