Venison Sous Vide

Share your curing methods and recipes.
Forum rules
Share all recipes and anything pertaining to the cooking of wild game.
Mohawk

Re: Venison Sous Vide

#11 Post by Mohawk »

That looks INCREDIBLE!

Gamestalker

#12 Post by Gamestalker »

Mmmmm!
That really looks good.... especially being medium rare. I'm going to have to try that. 8-)
I do have a question though. Couldn't you sear it in a good hot cast iron skillet instead of using a butane torch :?:

Gamestalker

#13 Post by Gamestalker »

I guess no one wants to answer my question....
I'm not a chef, so I was wondering. :|

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#14 Post by Carpdaddy »

I was hoping Ron would see this and respond since it was his cooking, but I feel sure a hot skillet would do the job. May not be as rare that way since it would have to cook it some.

Gamestalker

#15 Post by Gamestalker »

Thanks Tony.
I like the way Ron's looked.... not too cooked, so I might have to go buy a butane torch to try it. ;)
My son is out in my shop right now, cutting up a deer that he shot last night with his wheel bow. So, we have some fresh meat to try this with. :)

Shadowhntr

#16 Post by Shadowhntr »

Id bet a skillet would do just fine, so long as it was nice and hot so the meat seared and sealed quickly. However, personally Id sear it before doing the rest of the cooking, so then you'd have better control of doneness.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

LOTW

#17 Post by LOTW »

I just did this. I bought a temp controller for my skull boiler and hooked it up to my crockpot. Worked great. Roast turned out perfect!

bayite BTC201 Pre-Wired Digital Temperature Controller Outlet Thermostat, 2 Stage Heating and Cooling Mode, 110V - 240V 10A https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KEYDNKK/re ... JybVAHDQEH

Return to “Recipes”