Made some venison chips

Share your curing methods and recipes.
Forum rules
Share all recipes and anything pertaining to the cooking of wild game.
jaydee2trad

Made some venison chips

#1 Post by jaydee2trad »

I am trying to avoid the potato chips, love the saltiness and crunch. So, I thin cut some venison to 1/8" or so and about an inch or so long. When I had a pile of it, I just took my favorite seasonings and mixed it in a a large ziplock bag where I added just enough liquid seaoning to get it good and wet. Sometimes I add liquid smoke here as well. Then set the bag in the fridge for a few days to do it's thing. Because I kept my liquids down in volume, I can take a handful of the meat and mix with a light coating of olive oil before coating it all with seasoned flour. Now it is your choice, to fry or use an airfryer and cook until crisp. I make a decent bigger bowlful and lightly salt again if needed. crunchy, tasty and low carbs. yeah, sometimes the meat may be a little chewy but oh well, besides, that is why we shoot the younger ones. sometimes hard to stop eating. of course you can do this with other meats as well, just get the pieces really thin for an easier chew.

Elkman
Site Admin

Re: Made some venison chips

#2 Post by Elkman »

Might have to try that, sounds good.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Hill billy

Re: Made some venison chips

#3 Post by Hill billy »

May try that!!! I’m a lover of venison. As long as I can chew it I’m game to try any recipes

Return to “Recipes”