Power of Prayers

This forum is for sharing all your prayers for family and fellow members of the traditional archery community.
Forum rules
Prayers and concerns involving members families and friends.
Ole Dave

Re: Power of Prayers

#11 Post by Ole Dave »

Thanks, I'll keep that on my radar...

In the Beatitudes, Christ upped the Anty over the 10 commandments and expected us to do more... I guess that is what keeps me striving...

Keep the Son in your eyes!
All we have and call our own, once belonged to someone else, and will again. Our purpose here is not to serve ourselves.

Bigfoot SAS LB (47# LB limbs 38# Semi Static RC limbs)

Couple of old Bear bows

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#12 Post by Carpdaddy »

Good thread; as most of you who have been here on this site for a while know I am still here because of the power of prayer. For a good example of this look back at an old thread titled "Silence of the Carp", ill try to link it here. I am very grateful for prayer warriors during my illness.
http://www.tradhunter.com/tradhunter/fo ... f=6&t=1809

Ole Dave

#13 Post by Ole Dave »

It's a privilege to be here among God's own...

Tony, great pics and What a deal to be pumping your makins thru your bro's kidney...wow...

Prayers up for your continued health and both you and your bro to keep on keepin on!

Keep the Son in your eyes!
All we have and call our own, once belonged to someone else, and will again. Our purpose here is not to serve ourselves.

Couple of old Bear bows

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#14 Post by Captainkirk »

Amen, brothers...
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#15 Post by stumper »

Shadowhntr wrote:
Ole Dave wrote:Amen to all that Jason...but it also says we're to become more like Christ thru dying to self.

I know I've not done that to His desired level...I wallow in selfish desires and flawed thinking...forgiveness is mine, but faith without works is dead...and the work is to strive to be more like Jesus, yes?

We can banter this till we die yet none of us have an inside track... it is all predicated on faith and faith is believing that which cannot be seen nor proven...

When we stand before Christ on the other side, we will then know all and become like Him. Until then, our work might be to strive to shed our sinful nature and become a living sacrifice...
Indeed.

As pertaining to dying to ones self, if you feel led by God to do so, check out a Christian book by evangelist Watchman Nee called, "The Normal Christian Life". It covers the deep truths of being dead to ones self.
I just read sit walk stand by him. Also amazing and a very short read. It is a freeing book as it covers Ephesians and really tackles the issues the issue you all are mentioning. I implore you to read it.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Ole Dave

#16 Post by Ole Dave »

Great tag line, Dave....

On that note, I strung up a long unused 40# bear bow that was a friends' Dad's and given to me with understanding it doesn't get sold.

I had it tuned to 2016's with 100 gr. points...Due to shoulder rehab, I'v enot shot but with my more recent exercises, I started mimicing drawing with thera bands and a few ole glass "gym class bows" by YORK and BEN PEARSON...

So I get invited to hunt a guy's land... bowhunt... My bow is out to the bowyer on the left coast for a new set of semi static limbs at 38# vs. my lb limbs at 47#...

I started a thread on friends that do great things where a guy loans me his 35# samick with arrows till my shoulder heals...but it arrives via USPS tomorrow.

Today I string the BEAR bow up... check google on 2016 spine, and try some .400 spine with heavy front weight and WALLA...they're deadly out to my self imposed limit of 20 yards...shot like a dozen shots and the shoulder aches, but I don't expect to shoot more then one at a deer!

I'll say that I feel very blessed and loved that I am again able to shoot, even low poundage bows and realize how much it means to my sanity... or as David's tag line says, it clears my troubled mind... :)

Couple of old Bear bows

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#17 Post by Captainkirk »

Great news! Prayers up for a successful hunt!
Aim small, miss small!

Ole Dave

#18 Post by Ole Dave »

I might not get to hunt till next week, but soon! I'm grateful for that and offered to fletch arrows for the landowner who invited me. he shoots those "other" bows but showed a lot of interest in my stick bows when here last week... might have a convert in the making!

Couple of old Bear bows

stumper

#19 Post by stumper »

Glad you're back to shooting. That is how I keep myself sain.

Ole Dave

#20 Post by Ole Dave »

Sore as I am, I might wish to limit the shooting much as possible, but I know I have a combo I can string up and take hunting...

Next Thursday to see the Doc and he's so conservative, he may not yet SAY I can shoot a bow, but hey... I've been very compliant until now... :o

Couple of old Bear bows

Return to “Prayers”