prayers for Doc Ashby

This forum is for sharing all your prayers for family and fellow members of the traditional archery community.
Forum rules
Prayers and concerns involving members families and friends.
Ole Dave

prayers for Doc Ashby

#1 Post by Ole Dave »

Just got off the phone with Doc Ed Ashby...

Wishing him a Happy Thanksgiving...

He could use some prayers...Lord knows the situations...

Ed is rather private dude, so I won't air laundry I don't have permission to share...

Suffice it to say that many knew of his back issues years ago.. then an inversion table and hot tub helped but since he's had 2nd bout of prostate cancer and many complications since...

Hand issues restrict him doing much of anything.

But...his outlook and attitude are excellent and such upbeat I wonder if he's being genuine but sure seems to..

So prayers sought for Doc to find some relief from the myriad of issues that are conflicting him right now...

He was pleased to hear that TH seems at least open minded to discuss his research in varied threads... :)
All we have and call our own, once belonged to someone else, and will again. Our purpose here is not to serve ourselves.

Bigfoot SAS LB (47# LB limbs 38# Semi Static RC limbs)

Couple of old Bear bows

stumper

Re: prayers for Doc Ashby

#2 Post by stumper »

maybe he could go with a recurve crossbow and we will just count it as a recurve lol! Glad to hear he is upbeat. Prayers already sent!!
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#3 Post by Carpdaddy »

Prayers out for him.

Shadowhntr

#4 Post by Shadowhntr »

Prayers sent.

Mr Ashby is my hero,...I have such a high respect for the man. Id love to see him come join us here if or when he was able to. His teachings and research are always welcome here, and nobody will run him down for it. Sure hope he gets better soon.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Longtrad

#5 Post by Longtrad »

Im sad that he is doing unwell and also sad because I see no one else picking up the torch and continuing the research.

Prayers going up for him.

Ole Dave

#6 Post by Ole Dave »

Thanks, Guys...

I mentioned the site to him, but with all he's handling now, (apparently better then I would), and being he's a two finger typist, I doubt we'll see him anytime soon... but he was glad to hear there is a cadre of guys willing to read and learn.

We discussed my view that too many SKIM his work, draw wrong conclusions and then disparage his results with ill conceived posts of quick interpretations unsupported by facts... That is exactly his view of what happens... conclusions are drawn that are NOT supported by data, which used to get him fired up a touch on another site and got his threads pulled so he quit entirely...since health occupies much of his time...

He did share today that he started out his testing on smaller deer-size animals and then moved up in size. He also stated that his earlier postings, like 2004, drew conclusions that were then later amended in later years When they learned MORE from further research, so you have to read all of his research "updates" to get the complete picture.

They are all on Tradbow and maybe still on TG, I don't know...
All we have and call our own, once belonged to someone else, and will again. Our purpose here is not to serve ourselves.

Couple of old Bear bows

Jamesh76

#7 Post by Jamesh76 »

Prayers sent

Longtrad

#8 Post by Longtrad »

There seems to be a strange thing within the trad community where people get upset when you try to work out the nitty gritty details of why these sticks are doing what they are.

The biggest line of defence is something like "pffft dont need to worry with all that junk" or "gaah sounds like too much long range rifle talk to me"

long range rifle talk and stick bows? maybe they both are projectile weapons.... other than that.

I get the whole point that some of the technical aspects might not be that important since our own flaws in form, create more variables than we can solve but.....

we all think about things differently but really grinds my gears when people try to prevent others from having a discussion.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#9 Post by Captainkirk »

Prayers up for the Good Doctor.
You may relay to him I am not a two, but a ONE finger typist, and I seem to post a bit now and again. (In fact, I typed the manuscript for my book with one finger!)
He would be most welcome here, if nothing more than just to read and offer a word or two on occasion. His work and research are held in the highest regard here, and please let him know that.
Aim small, miss small!

Ole Dave

#10 Post by Ole Dave »

Captainkirk wrote:Prayers up for the Good Doctor.
You may relay to him I am not a two, but a ONE finger typist, and I seem to post a bit now and again. (In fact, I typed the manuscript for my book with one finger!)
He would be most welcome here, if nothing more than just to read and offer a word or two on occasion. His work and research are held in the highest regard here, and please let him know that.
Kirk,

I can do that... He's struggling with some pretty personal stuff with a very cool attitude...things that may preclude him wanting to be on a computer much... but I will renew the invitation.. and your welcome.

LT,

I think some of it, from my own small personal experience, is that folks regard "Trad" as a "religion" of sorts and anything that harkens to things factual or technical is considered the "work of the devil".

All too often I hear it said or typed, "Trad is simple, just shoot and watch the arrows fly...if they hit where you're aiming, it's all good!"

Up to a point I agree, but then I say if you refuse to move forward and learn, do your own blood trailing at night on your hands and knees for a mile... there ARE better ways that aren't high tech...

Couple of old Bear bows

Return to “Prayers”