reminded of many coming back from Viet Nam

This forum is for sharing all your prayers for family and fellow members of the traditional archery community.
Forum rules
Prayers and concerns involving members families and friends.
jaydee2trad

reminded of many coming back from Viet Nam

#1 Post by jaydee2trad »

The things that are happening right now in our country remind me of those stepping off the planes from the war and getting spit on and called all kinds of names. Soldiers in uniform, proud to have served for their country and so so happy to be coming home only to be spit on. I felt so ashamed that any American would so such a thing and now it is so much worse. We need to be praying for eyes and hearts to be opened to what they are doing to our country. These people need to go living in some of those countries where they have no freedom and see if they think it is so grand then. Sorry, venting but it is so so sad to me. Jerry :oops: :cry: :shock: :(

Grizzly

Re: reminded of many coming back from Viet Nam

#2 Post by Grizzly »

I'm glad I never did experience that but heard of it back then. I think the densely populated areas must be the worst. One of my wife's cousins on the farm I used to love to hunt told me that the cities reminded him of what happens when you put hogs on concrete in confinement. They get mean and start fighting among themselves. Take them out and let them roam the woodlots with their own shelters and things straighten out. Probably why we see some wanting to burn their confinement down. Of coarse being raised and taught in schools by those who burned their draft cards hasn't helped either. Evil and lawlessness can spread like a wild fire through the population and especially among the idle.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Return to “Prayers”