Ben Pearson 7388 "Gamester"

History of Archery and collecting antique and collectible Traditional Archery supplies.
Forum rules
This forum is for discussing the history of archery. The collecting of antique and collectible traditional archery items. Not for selling items or trading. Not for selling items you manufactured unless you are a sponsor.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: Ben Pearson 7388 "Gamester"

#16 Post by Captainkirk »

Jason, wasn't suggesting it was a collector's piece by any means, nor rare. If you get it, shoot it!
If not, do check out some of the eBay auctions.Same rules apply, naturally...do your homework, ask questions, and ask for photos, especially if there are only a few or they are poor quality. Any good eBay-er worth his salt will be happy to provide details. After I decided I wanted a Bear Tamerlane read up on everything I could find, determined what the going price was ($500-$1000.00) and put it on my watch list. I ended up snagging a beauty for a only couple hundred because I knew what I wanted, what I could afford to pay, and I wasn't afraid to let one walk. Same deal with the K-hunter and the K-mag. Yes,you can get burned if you're not careful, but you will almost always pay less than the LBS, plus eBay will work to help you get your money back if you get hosed.
Just a suggestion.
Aim small, miss small!

Shadowhntr

#17 Post by Shadowhntr »

Jase, another bow make to watch for are the Wing Archery bows. They were made by the same guy who now makes Bob Lee Bows. I especially like the Hunter model, but there are several nice models to choose from. They are most times very affordable and are quite nice bows.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Cookies

#18 Post by Cookies »

Thanks, Jason, I'll keep my eyes peeled for that!

***UPDATE*** The guy still hasn't replied to me about the Gamester. I think I'm going to walk away.

Return to “Collecting & History”