Aww, come on...

History of Archery and collecting antique and collectible Traditional Archery supplies.
Forum rules
This forum is for discussing the history of archery. The collecting of antique and collectible traditional archery items. Not for selling items or trading. Not for selling items you manufactured unless you are a sponsor.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Aww, come on...

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

Don't tell me I'm the only one here who considers himself a collector (albeit a meager one!) of bows or archery tackle?
Come on, fellers...if ya got' em, show 'em!
I'm especially interested in bows and tackle of "the Golden Age of Archery", the 1950's thru the 1970's, but hey...if you have two new Samick Sages, that's a collection to me.
Don't be stingy. Share. It's the right thing to do. :mrgreen:
Aim small, miss small!

Shadowhntr

Re: Aww, come on...

#2 Post by Shadowhntr »

The bow on the left is my Shakespeare, 40lb @ 28. Its early-mid 70's. I got it as brand new for $40. The bow on the right is my Redwing Hunter 45lb @ 28, its early 70's late 60's made by the famous Bob Lee, and it was my Mothers bow for years and years.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

LOVE IT!!! A collection with history behind it! That's worth a lot more than the collection!
Aim small, miss small!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

Hey, Jase...I think a bird crapped on your Toyota.... :lol:

JK, bro. How cool is that? I've seen some of the original Bear compounds but never the Allen (heard of them though).
That's quite a piece of history there. Hang on to it.
Aim small, miss small!

Shadowhntr

#5 Post by Shadowhntr »

No one else has any bows? ...I know better! Lets see some bows of some dang kind, I dont care what they are, lets see your arsenal!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Mitch Edwards

#6 Post by Mitch Edwards »

If I had pictures I'd post my collection. I collect old bears and have the start of an old broadhead collection. I'll work on pics

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#7 Post by Captainkirk »

Mitch Edwards wrote:If I had pictures I'd post my collection. I collect old bears and have the start of an old broadhead collection. I'll work on pics
We'll take that as a promise! :shock:
Aim small, miss small!

Mitch Edwards

#8 Post by Mitch Edwards »

My word always is. I don't have a computer so all my posting is done from my iPhone. Anyone got a good way to take pics with your phone and post them here?

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#9 Post by Captainkirk »

Mitch Edwards wrote:My word always is. I don't have a computer so all my posting is done from my iPhone. Anyone got a good way to take pics with your phone and post them here?
Yep. Send them to a photo hosting site.
I use Flickr (free app).
Aim small, miss small!

Mitch Edwards

#10 Post by Mitch Edwards »

Ok I'll see about that tomorrow. I just got home from cutting some trees down for bows. Was guna post pics and see what you guys though. And yes they were live trees and no I didn't enjoy killing them but if I didn't cut them down they would've be ground up or turned to fire wood. Boss is clearin some land for cattle. Got some really nice Osage some elm hackberry and oak. I'll stop the ramblin and post it later when I got pics

Return to “Collecting & History”