Maddog bow collecting

History of Archery and collecting antique and collectible Traditional Archery supplies.
Forum rules
This forum is for discussing the history of archery. The collecting of antique and collectible traditional archery items. Not for selling items or trading. Not for selling items you manufactured unless you are a sponsor.
Jamesh76

Re: Maddog bow collecting

#16 Post by Jamesh76 »

Its osage.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#17 Post by Carpdaddy »

Shadowhntr wrote:I think these are actually limb cores CD, at least what im refering to anyway. Without having them in hand, Im gonna guess each side has roughly between .062" - .125".
Oops, I see.

Shadowhntr

#18 Post by Shadowhntr »

Captainkirk wrote:Jason, those look very slim and lithe. At 58" they are the same AMO length as a Grizzly.
Very nice bows!
They are tiny! After shooting recurves so long, when I first unboxed my Maddog, I thought I messed up and bought more of a toy bow, it was so tiny looking to me. Toy that is until I started shooting it! Its part of my love affair with them now. I use to get fatigue badly in my bow arm from holding it out while practicing with the 'curves. I can hold the maddog out there for hours and never bothers me. Its also extremely nice to deal with hunting. Its light as a feather, lethal as a cannon! Ive never been more thrilled with a bow purchase ive made, and ive owned a bunch. Many were top end bows too.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Longtrad

#19 Post by Longtrad »

Shadowhntr wrote:
Captainkirk wrote:Jason, those look very slim and lithe. At 58" they are the same AMO length as a Grizzly.
Very nice bows!
They are tiny! After shooting recurves so long, when I first unboxed my Maddog, I thought I messed up and bought more of a toy bow, it was so tiny looking to me. Toy that is until I started shooting it! Its part of my love affair with them now. I use to get fatigue badly in my bow arm from holding it out while practicing with the 'curves. I can hold the maddog out there for hours and never bothers me. Its also extremely nice to deal with hunting. Its light as a feather, lethal as a cannon! Ive never been more thrilled with a bow purchase ive made, and ive owned a bunch. Many were top end bows too.

That's what I love about mine so much, my hands are on the small side and I really love the slim grip. I also like light mass bows myself, but I know a lot of folks love the thick stout ones like the Black Widow recurves, which I assume must have lead in the riser :) Holy smokes, talk about a heavy bow!

Return to “Collecting & History”