Paul Schafer, bowyer and master hunter

History of Archery and collecting antique and collectible Traditional Archery supplies.
Forum rules
This forum is for discussing the history of archery. The collecting of antique and collectible traditional archery items. Not for selling items or trading. Not for selling items you manufactured unless you are a sponsor.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Paul Schafer, bowyer and master hunter

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

While Paul Schafer was taken from us early and unexpectedly, his bows and his legends live on.

http://www.schafersilvertipbows.com/tribute-to-paul/
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

Re: Paul Schafer, bowyer and master hunter

#2 Post by stumper »

Another great history lesson.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Shadowhntr

#3 Post by Shadowhntr »

The silvertip bows are highly sought after bows. If I could afford one, id certainly have one. He is missed, and will continue to be.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

Shadowhntr wrote:The silvertip bows are highly sought after bows. If I could afford one, id certainly have one. He is missed, and will continue to be.
I read about Paul in Bowhunting magazine shortly after it happened. The stories and testimonies of his friends and admirers were legion. He may have been our generation's Fred Bear.
Aim small, miss small!

Longtrad

#5 Post by Longtrad »

Never would his picked his name out of a list if you had asked me 6 months ago. After reading a bit I found on the web, I feel much the same you kirk, by all accounts seemed to be a genuine guy who had a unreal talent for taking game.

Would have loved to have been able to meet him. Wish he would have lived longer, even if for the selfish reason of wanting to read about more of his exploits.

stumper

#6 Post by stumper »

Longtrad wrote:Never would his picked his name out of a list if you had asked me 6 months ago. After reading a bit I found on the web, I feel much the same you kirk, by all accounts seemed to be a genuine guy who had a unreal talent for taking game.

Would have loved to have been able to meet him. Wish he would have lived longer, even if for the selfish reason of wanting to read about more of his exploits.
Man I feel the same as you.. Sometimes I wish I was just part of their generation helping to pave the way in trad archery.... I think I was born in the wrong century.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Return to “Collecting & History”