Shakespeare Bows

History of Archery and collecting antique and collectible Traditional Archery supplies.
Forum rules
This forum is for discussing the history of archery. The collecting of antique and collectible traditional archery items. Not for selling items or trading. Not for selling items you manufactured unless you are a sponsor.
Kamn

Re: Shakespeare Bows

#21 Post by Kamn »

ey ey Captain

Longtrad, I may take you up on your offer......let me just figure out a few things. Also, shipping would be to Lewiston NY, I have a shipping address there that I use for all my US purchases (fedex and ups always have extra charges that are insanely high)

The wife and I are talking about buying some property just a little north of us in and around cottage country and maybe putting a small cabin on it, currently looking at a 100 acre lot thats next to Crown land (government land) and there are creeks and lakes nearby, looks like it would be good hunting land, so I may have to hold off on purchases for a while, But let me figure out whats happening and then I will get back to you on your beauty Bear

Longtrad

#22 Post by Longtrad »

No worries, take your time, the bear will be on the rack waiting getting jealous of all the action my longbow gets lol

Shadowhntr

#23 Post by Shadowhntr »

Here is my Shakespeare wonderbow, X-24 Yukon 40lb @ 28"(left) and my RedWing Hunter 45 lb @ 28"(Right)

The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Longtrad

#24 Post by Longtrad »

I always thought the redwing hunter was a sharp looking bow

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#25 Post by Carpdaddy »

You guys got me lusting and I don't buy bows!

Kamn

#26 Post by Kamn »

Beautiful bows Shadowhntr

Kamn

#27 Post by Kamn »

Here is one I picked up a few weeks ago Shakespeare Wambaw 45#@28 - 58" (sorry for the dark pic)

Has 2 small holes in the riser that need to be filled and blended & the limbs are both off a little to the right but nothing a little warmth and twisting back wont fix

Roadking

#28 Post by Roadking »

Kirk sorry for the delay, been working on beating this flipping col and busy with work ugh! Thanks for the tips on looking out for a bow. I will definitely put them to use as I play around with this some more. I've started to watch a bit more on line to get familiar with the pricing and values. I'm in no hurry and enjoying the search. I'll be sure to reach out to a if I have any questions. Thanks.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#29 Post by Captainkirk »

Roadking wrote:Kirk sorry for the delay, been working on beating this flipping col and busy with work ugh! Thanks for the tips on looking out for a bow. I will definitely put them to use as I play around with this some more. I've started to watch a bit more on line to get familiar with the pricing and values. I'm in no hurry and enjoying the search. I'll be sure to reach out to a if I have any questions. Thanks.
No worries, I have a cold that's been dogging me for the better part of a month now. Just holler if you need help or advice...not that I'm an expert or anything, but I've done alright in my dealings.
Aim small, miss small!

Kamn

#30 Post by Kamn »

Have either of you 2 tried Elderberry syrup?? Works a treat on colds and flu's

Return to “Collecting & History”