Razorhead Love

History of Archery and collecting antique and collectible Traditional Archery supplies.
Forum rules
This forum is for discussing the history of archery. The collecting of antique and collectible traditional archery items. Not for selling items or trading. Not for selling items you manufactured unless you are a sponsor.
Crazynate

Razorhead Love

#1 Post by Crazynate »

Another favorite item of mine is the Bear razorhead. Being one of Fred best inventions I have tried to track down Razorheads from 1956 ( first production year) all the way through the 1980s I stopped with the SS Razorhead. I also have some rare pamphlets I keep in this display which I made as a tribute to the man that invented them. There's at least 1 pack from each model of the razorhead 56,57,60,64 and so on. Kind of an odd thing to really collect but some of these items are not readily available as other items like certain bows. I have never seen another pack of 56 razorheads for sale. I actually didn't find the set I have they found me lol. A well know broadhead collector contacted me simply because I put an add out for them online and offered them to me to buy. He is a very generous gentleman. A great find and by far one of my favorites. There is also an experimental bleeder blade fro the early 50s in here that Fred made for his Zwickeys. Then an early cut master tool on the card stamped made in England. Image
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

stumper

Re: Razorhead Love

#2 Post by stumper »

well the ones you gifted me are wonderful... Cant wait to try em out!!!!
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

Thanks for sharing! I have some Razorheads mounted to arrows that I will try to post some photos of soon. Not sure of the vintage but I think early 70's, possibly?
If I recall, Ron here (Stay Sharp) has a pretty large collection of Razorheads too.
Aim small, miss small!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

Here are a few of the Razorheads I got with my arrows. A friend sent me a couple more not shown bringing the total to six, plus he gave me some bleeders as well.

Aim small, miss small!

Crazynate

#5 Post by Crazynate »

Thanks guys. Like those arrows Kirk. It's amazing that machine kicked out a new head every 5 seconds. They're easy to find now but some day they'll be harder to get. Hold onto them
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

Shadowhntr

#6 Post by Shadowhntr »

I think I've got around a dozen. In NO WAY are they as immaculant as yours are! Mine are strictly timber beaters. Quite an impressive collection Nate.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#7 Post by Carpdaddy »

Another fine looking collection, thanks for sharing.

Return to “Collecting & History”