Texas possibles bag

How to's, questions and build alongs for those who make or want to make their own gear made from leather. Get some tips on how you can make your own quiver, arm guard, etc. to go along with your Custom Traditional Bow.
Forum rules
No selling of leather goods unless you are a sponsor.
dhaverstick

Texas possibles bag

#1 Post by dhaverstick »

I just finished this bag for a feller who contacted me on Facebook. He is from Texas and wanted a big ole Texas star on it. I think he'll be pleased. The body of the bag is bison leather and the trim and fringe are deer. The black bumpy looking leather is caiman and the stars are out of ostrich leg skin. I found some bleached legs skins I was able to dye myself to get a good match to the trim. I carved the fasteners out of deer antler and sewed it all up by hand using artificial sinew. There is one pocket on the front of the bag and two pockets on the inside besides the main pouch.

Darren

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Texas possibles bag

#2 Post by Carpdaddy »

Great work as always Darren! I'm curious as to how long it takes you to build something like that? Probably as long if not longer than building a bow unless you have a lot of fancy tools that I don't know about.

dhaverstick

#3 Post by dhaverstick »

Carpdaddy, I started on that bag around the first of March and worked on it as time permitted. Considering all my time, I probably don't charge enough but I enjoy doing the work so there's something to be said for that.

Darren

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#4 Post by Carpdaddy »

I understand. I couldn't make a living building bows but I enjoy doing it far too much. After hunting season ends it helps get me to the spring. By then there is Tradbow gatherings and Turkey season, which I intend to get in on this season.

Shadowhntr

#5 Post by Shadowhntr »

Man you have mastered the leathers Darren! Your work is consistently flawless and beautiful. One of these days, I may end up having you make me something, just so I can have some of your beautiful work.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Mohawk

#6 Post by Mohawk »

:shock: Wow! You've got me thinking I need to get into black powder! That is great craftsmanship. Between you and carp, posting your abilities, a guy could come up with a wish list pretty quick.

Labrunner

#7 Post by Labrunner »

That is an awesome possibles bag.

Longtrad

#8 Post by Longtrad »

Mohawk wrote::shock: Wow! You've got me thinking I need to get into black powder! That is great craftsmanship. Between you and carp, posting your abilities, a guy could come up with a wish list pretty quick.

hehe those guys along with staysharp make me embarrassed to post the stuff I cobble up. There are some great craftsmen on this forum for sure.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#9 Post by Captainkirk »

Darren, another home run!
Aim small, miss small!

Mohawk

#10 Post by Mohawk »

Longtrad wrote:
Mohawk wrote::shock: Wow! You've got me thinking I need to get into black powder! That is great craftsmanship. Between you and carp, posting your abilities, a guy could come up with a wish list pretty quick.

hehe those guys along with staysharp make me embarrassed to post the stuff I cobble up. There are some great craftsmen on this forum for sure.
Yeah, I'm not a craftsman at all, so I just have to appreciate others talents. :oops:

Return to “Leather Crafting”