Finished this hippo hide arm guard

How to's, questions and build alongs for those who make or want to make their own gear made from leather. Get some tips on how you can make your own quiver, arm guard, etc. to go along with your Custom Traditional Bow.
Forum rules
No selling of leather goods unless you are a sponsor.
dhaverstick

Finished this hippo hide arm guard

#1 Post by dhaverstick »

Just finished this arm guard for Jeff Lander, owner of Primitive Outfitting. Jeff had seen my work on another trad bowhunting forum and contacted me about getting one. This arm guard has a backing of veg-tanned cowhide and a facing of hippo skin. The arrowhead is made from diamondback rattlesnake skin and the trim is New Zealand red deer. I carved the lace hooks out of some antlers I took off a buck I killed with my longbow. I didn't have the right color of artificial sinew to sew it up with so I used a piece of B-50 Dacron that I make bow strings out of. He seemed to be quite pleased with the result.

Darren

Graps

Re: Finished this hippo hide arm guard

#2 Post by Graps »

That's a nice one.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#3 Post by Carpdaddy »

Beautiful work again Darren!

Grizzly

#4 Post by Grizzly »

I guess pleased! That's a beautiful, functional, work of art.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Elkman
Site Admin

#5 Post by Elkman »

Wow!
That one looks great Darren. I really like that color schema.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Return to “Leather Crafting”