Another Idea

4dogs

Another Idea

#1 Post by 4dogs »

I really dont know if it is possible or the cost of it but, wouldnt it be nice since we all enjoy pictures to go along with our stories, stuff we are looking to sell or buy, demonstrations etc... if we could get a really simple (for the user) way to add pics. Something like what craigs list has, they have an icon right at the top of your post you click on and from there it is very simple to download pics from your computer into your post. Just an idea. Thanks

Elkman
Site Admin

Re: Another Idea

#2 Post by Elkman »

Hi 4dogs
Well someone finally did it, pulled me out from behind the scenes. I haven't participated on a BB in a Long time. Not since before we had what is now called the Internet.
I will check in to what you are asking. When it comes to this Website stuff we can do a lot of things.
Unfortunately I am not a programmer and unless there is some kind of mod for this board we might be stuck
with what was programed into it. We may have someone post a how to on the subject.
Thanks for the suggestion and we'll try to make this forum as easy as possible for our members.
Now that's a Bull!
Now that's a Bull!
now-thats-a-bull.jpg (89.08 KiB) Viewed 8014 times
Same Bull
Same Bull
now-thats-a-bull-too.jpg (74.12 KiB) Viewed 8014 times
These two pics were uploaded from my PC.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

wtpops

#3 Post by wtpops »

I could be wrong on this, I know just enough to really mess things up, but if you download a pic directly to this site then the server has to store it and WHEN this site gets bigger it will use up space very fast just for pics, that is why most all sites like this you need a host site like photobucket to store the pics and then you are just downloading a link to the pic
I have six children, ten grandchildren and a few pennies in my pocket. I am far richer than most men.

Elkman
Site Admin

#4 Post by Elkman »

Your right wt, but we do not want to have a lot of the limitations on our members that other sites
have. Members that use image storage sites can by all means keep using them.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#5 Post by Captainkirk »

Personally, I remove all the link in the image code outside of the image itself and post them that way. Why? Because you don't always want people rooting through your on-line photo albums. I'm sure this forum is full of very nice people, but even sickos can lurk on a forum, follow your link to your albums, then have access to what your family members, house, car, etc look like. Things that you might not necessarily want them having access to. Even the "private" albums can be easily accessed by a hacker once you let him in the front door. I was shocked pull up a link once and find photos of some of my guns(!!!!!) accessible to anyone on the web, even though they were in a private album. All you had to do was follow the photostream and Click! You're in. Be careful in what you share. Just sayin'... :?
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Forum Suggestions”