2017 Harvests

Tell us your Traditional Bow Hunting experiences
Forum rules
Discuss all aspects of the hunt.
J. Holden

Re: 2017 Harvests

#31 Post by J. Holden »

Man I can't wait to get back at it. Nice job to all those that have gotten it done already.

-Jeremy

Longbowfanatic

#32 Post by Longbowfanatic »

I am beginning my 2017 deer hunting in earnest. This week, I will be spending a lot of time in the stand as we head toward rut. I have been very careful to leave my stands without disturbance until this time of year. Hopefully, my efforts will pay off. Don't get me wrong. I am no longer a trophy hunter. I just want the best hunting I can get for the time of year. Good luck everyone!

Shadowhntr

#33 Post by Shadowhntr »

Dennis, I do the same thing. And really, with the right attitude there isn't a thing wrong with trophy hunting. People get the idea it's a bad thing, but it only becomes bad if we start looking down on others harvest and preaching about how they should or shouldn't kill such and such , or if the meat of the animal isn't as much or more of a priority as the antlers. I operate like this oft and it's completely ok to choose what you want to kill or not kill. Just allow others that same respect and all is always well. Good luck buddy, I'm gearing up too.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Return to “Bow Hunting experiences”