There here!!

Tell us your Traditional Bow Hunting experiences
Forum rules
Discuss all aspects of the hunt.
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

There here!!

#1 Post by Carpdaddy »

The rifle hunters that is. Tomorrow is opening day of modern rifle season here in Ky. Mark and I hunted today and as we were leaving we saw the camper, tents, and tarps being set up. Mark will brave the Crowd but I will take the time off and relax. There was a time when it excited me to be able to hunt with a rifle, guess I’m getting old now.! I had the opportunity today on a Buck at about 80 yards, couldn’t really tell much about the size as he kept walking through the woods away from me. Oh well; best of luck to any of you that may still enjoy it.

Graps

Re: There here!!

#2 Post by Graps »

The walking punkins . :?
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

stumper

#3 Post by stumper »

WE Have another 8 days. But even then we have two close bow hunt only wmas
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Jose

#4 Post by Jose »

I wish the best for everyone out there gun or bow! Gun hunting is just not my thing anymore either. Nothing against it, I just don't feel the thrill like I do with a stick and string.

Shadowhntr

#5 Post by Shadowhntr »

I rarely use a rifle on deer anymore. If I do, it has nothing to do with challenge or fun, and everything to do with filling the freezer. Over the last several years though that has gotten less important because we all like fresh pork, and beef better. We eat venison, but imo its not as spectacular as I use to think. The new wore off a LONG time ago. I still have most all of last year's doe still....AND we just finished off my buck from 2015-2016 season. We did consume all of Wyatts buck a while back...mainly in jerky!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#6 Post by Carpdaddy »

Like others, I have no issue with gun hunting, just don’t enjoy it personally.
But pass through the sporting goods section the night before season and see a line of folks getting their tags, rifle, shells, and scope, to hunt this morning, well; that concerns me!!

Return to “Bow Hunting experiences”