Bow hunting gone BAD!

Tell us your Traditional Bow Hunting experiences
Forum rules
Discuss all aspects of the hunt.
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Bow hunting gone BAD!

#1 Post by Carpdaddy »

A very close friend of mine fell from his treestand yesterday and is in bad shape in the hospital now, please remember him and his family during this time. This is a guy that I have taken many hunting trips with for the past 25-30 years, he is six hours from home on a hunt. He invited me to go and even offered to pay for everything I needed, including the expensive out of state tags. I been there before with him but didn’t this year due to being drawn for the hunt I’m going on next week. He is a fine friend, a deacon where I was Pastor for many years, and we have spent many weeks together in deer camp and nights fishing. I don’t know how many times I have pleaded with him to keep his safety harness on, even threatening to stop hunting with him over it. He is the guy I have told about that climbs 30-40 foot high! I will update as I know more, say a prayer.

Jamesh76

Re: Bow hunting gone BAD!

#2 Post by Jamesh76 »

Prayers for your friend.

Greg Felty

#3 Post by Greg Felty »

Prayers from Michigan.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

White Falcon

#4 Post by White Falcon »

Sent!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#5 Post by Captainkirk »

Prayers up, Tony. What is your friend's name, if I might ask? (always better to pray by name IMHO)
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#6 Post by Graps »

Prayers for your friend and his family.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#7 Post by Carpdaddy »

Four ribs broke, terrible bruising, and a good cut to the head, but is doing okay in spite of everything. Just got word that he is going to be released to heal at home.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#8 Post by Carpdaddy »

Also something broke over eye but still good enough to come home, is on his way now.
I couldn’t figure out how anyone could live that fell from as high as he climbs, but he wasn’t in his climber, he was in a ladder stand, only 12 to15’ high. Surely nobody needs a safety harness that low!.....

Jamesh76

#9 Post by Jamesh76 »

Glad hes home recovering. Now make sure hes using a harness! Hopefully he can get back at it again soon.

Elkman
Site Admin

#10 Post by Elkman »

I hope your friend recovers quickly! I have a friend who fell out of one years years ago and he still has issues with the parts of his body that were injured. Not a good deal.

I know I don't need to say it, but it's just another reminder to all of us who get up off the ground.

Be safe!!!
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Return to “Bow Hunting experiences”