The Joy of defeat!

Tell us your Traditional Bow Hunting experiences
Forum rules
Discuss all aspects of the hunt.
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: The Joy of defeat!

#21 Post by Carpdaddy »

Saturday morning; last hunt, cold and windy! Not too cold for someone who prepares for cold, but we did not, got much colder than expected. My only insulated boots done fell apart, so I am hunting in non-insulated hiking boots! Had a young Doe come in early but gave no shot. Then two large Does up the ridge passed out of range. So I am sitting there still trying not to freeze to death, it was getting late in morning but I am determined with it being last day. Actually hunt was through Sunday but guess y’all know by know I don’t hunt Sunday’s. Anyhow: my phone buzzed a few times in my pocket and I figured it was my buddy Mark. So sitting there freezing I decide to look around before reaching for my phone. I slowly peep over my left side, And here he comes, the Buck I have been holding out for!! And he is already less than 15 yards away and still coming....

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#22 Post by Carpdaddy »

:shock:
Attachments
71E67B99-A189-44A0-AAFE-8BFC21AD1ED2.jpeg
71E67B99-A189-44A0-AAFE-8BFC21AD1ED2.jpeg (191.5 KiB) Viewed 214 times

Graps

#23 Post by Graps »

Carpdaddy wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:19 am We were able to get out mid day and scout some new area, found some good Buck sign. May have walked too much, both souls came off my boots!
A pastor never wants to loose a soul. :(
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Grizzly

#24 Post by Grizzly »

Especially two... :(
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Elkman
Site Admin

#25 Post by Elkman »

Sounds like it's crunch time!
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#26 Post by Captainkirk »

AND?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aim small, miss small!

Grizzly

#27 Post by Grizzly »

And then, and then, ehh ehh ehh ehh, and then..........
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Nock

#28 Post by Nock »

Come on Tony!!!!
Happiness is a tight chain!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#29 Post by Carpdaddy »

Well; doesn’t the title tell how this ends? Sitting in my frozen still state (in two ways) my hunter instinct takes over. Quick thought says let him come right on by on the trail only five yards or so away, he is quickly at twelve yards or less and quartering towards me. After he passes i am thinking I will then go for the shot as he walks away or stops at his scrapes. Good plan but...

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#30 Post by Captainkirk »

Carpdaddy wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:48 am Well; doesn’t the title tell how this ends?
Oh, I figured the joy was in getting "de (frozen) feet" warm again... 8-)
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Bow Hunting experiences”