Captainkirk's 2019 Hunting Thread

Tell us your Traditional Bow Hunting experiences
Forum rules
Discuss all aspects of the hunt.
Grizzly

Re: Captainkirk's 2019 Hunting Thread

#61 Post by Grizzly »

Do you have another spot picked out. If you did hear a deer snort you, they may avoid the area for a while. That thins down your odds.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#62 Post by Captainkirk »

Captainkirk wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:04 pm I'm gonna take a hint on my next hunt... since I'm always out early and see nothing I'll be in the woods for 10 on next tuesday for my first ground hunt in over a year. Its funny... I see deer when I dont see other hunters and I dont see other hunters midday.
Ok...that's weird. I didn't post this...somebody else did but it says it was me? Is this your post, Dave?
Aim small, miss small!

Grizzly

#63 Post by Grizzly »

doo do doo do doo do doo do

"There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone."
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

stumper

#64 Post by stumper »

Captainkirk wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:27 am
Captainkirk wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:04 pm I'm gonna take a hint on my next hunt... since I'm always out early and see nothing I'll be in the woods for 10 on next tuesday for my first ground hunt in over a year. Its funny... I see deer when I dont see other hunters and I dont see other hunters midday.
Ok...that's weird. I didn't post this...somebody else did but it says it was me? Is this your post, Dave?
Blame the new mod on this one. Typing on cellphone o tried to quote you but it didnt come.out right. I must have done something. My b.

Aww crudo. I just looked at the mod panel and it seems I made a whole bunches of edits. I went to click quote and it didnt quote right so I backspace the quote and typed what I was gonna say. I'm not near a computer. I drove through the night last night into florida. I did all that at a rest stop on a cellphone. Impressive I know.... geez.... sorry.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#65 Post by Carpdaddy »

:lol: :lol: I was always afraid to even try and peep in the mod panel, I could do some real damage there! :mrgreen:

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#66 Post by Captainkirk »

OK, that's cool. Thought for a minute somebody hacked my account!
Aim small, miss small!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#67 Post by Captainkirk »

Craig...LOL! Big TZ fan, always watch the marathon every New Year's Eve and day.
Aim small, miss small!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#68 Post by Captainkirk »

Day 4

I was awakened by the sound of heavy rain on the roof and water gurgling down the down spouts. I peered out the window, saw what a miserable, nasty day it was shaping up to be, then crawled back under the covers...

There was some possibility that the weather *might* clear, according to some reports, but Accu-Weather was right on the nose again. It rained pretty much all morning and in the late afternoon temps began dropping dramatically and the sky kept drizzling. We had flood warnings all day, and are under a freeze warning now. Oh, and it's raining again.
Tomorrow morning is out, despite the temperature change which I'm sure will get the deer moving again. There is a lot of water back where I sit so I'll wait and see how the afternoon hunt shapes up. At least I shouldn't be bothered by mosquitoes, I hope.
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#69 Post by Graps »

Take your SCUBA gear. 🚣‍♂️🌦
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Grizzly

#70 Post by Grizzly »

At least it should be quiet walking in and out. For years I carried my old boy scout poncho on my belt to sit on when everything was wet or damp.

Return to “Bow Hunting experiences”