foggy glasses

Tell us your Traditional Bow Hunting experiences
Forum rules
Discuss all aspects of the hunt.
jaydee2trad

foggy glasses

#1 Post by jaydee2trad »

This was about 1977 and I was in the Air Force. I got lucky and got stationed at the Little Rock AFB so I came home a lot. It was a very cold chilly morning when I climbed this high ridge to get to this old logging road. There were usually scrapes all up and down this old road and the signs said that a big buck was using them too. I had a spot that I was going to hunt from, a ground blind of sorts and I was moving rather fast, too fast. I barely got there when I realized that a nice buck was working the one scrape right then. I was excited and began to start the process of my shot when suddenly my glasses fogged over! Now I was still in the open and afraid to move because the buck was less than 20 yards away. I stood there for what seemed forever before slowly reaching up and taking my glasses off. Yeah, he was long gone and it made me sick to blow such and easy shot like that. I was blind without my glasses back then and I really hated them.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: foggy glasses

#2 Post by Captainkirk »

Ha! I just got back from opthamogist...left eye is fully dilated. It was a real trip driving back, I wouldn't even attempt shooting a bow!
Aim small, miss small!

Grizzly

Re: foggy glasses

#3 Post by Grizzly »

When having coffee before going out, I would wash them with a heavy solution of dawn dish washing (actually, I think I put it on full strength) detergent and let the soap dry on the lens. It sort of fog proofed them. Not perfect though if you wore a mask. Both of us are probably due for new glasses - new eyes actually, but that will have to wait upon the Lord.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Return to “Bow Hunting experiences”