A little revenge

Tell us your Traditional Bow Hunting experiences
Forum rules
Discuss all aspects of the hunt.
Hill billy

A little revenge

#1 Post by Hill billy »

I returned from my annual Kansas whitetail hunt a week ago today! In short it was a challenge as usual but even more so this year. High winds very few deer and a lot of hunters made it probably one of the tuffest hunts I have experienced in Kansas ! In many years of hunting in that country I have never witnessed 40 to 60 mph winds for 4 and 5 days in a row! Just relentless!!
I was fortunate to let a couple average bucks walk so I consider that a successful hunt! 2 were about 10 feet from me while hunting off the ground! I don’t consider myself a trophy hunter but when I travel that far and still have time to hunt I get picky. I do go to Kansas because of opportunities at above average animals!
So with all that said I made this a long weekend on my place in the Ozarks and took my frustrations out on a slick 8 point Friday morning! Poor guy didn’t have a chance after a tuff hunt in Kansas. I loosed an arrow at about fifteen yards as he walked by me quartering a way! Both lungs cut made for an easy blood trailing. Back strap was on the menu tonight. I never get tired of venison. 👍 black widow with a gold tip arrow and a snuffer broad head took care of business

jaydee2trad

Re: A little revenge

#2 Post by jaydee2trad »

Awesome! way to take out the 8 pointer, a guy needs to vent some frustration out on something plus it eats good too. Don't blame you at all with the Kansas trip, that state is known for the biggies. glad that the blackwidow still has a good bite and the snuffers can still do somw snu buffing. Don't guess that I actually harvested a big game with a snuffer. I know that I put the hurt on a big hog but never recovered it. Also slammed a big buck with one but because of a lower limb seperation during the shot, hit it too high and never got it either. I have a few snuffers and woodsmen.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#3 Post by Carpdaddy »

Way to make good out of a tough situation! Congratulations on the Deer.

Greg Felty

#4 Post by Greg Felty »

Congrats on a nice deer. Love those snuffers
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Hill billy

#5 Post by Hill billy »

Thanks guys! I used woodsmans for years. I really liked the accuracy and killed some critters with them but at the time they could be a challenge to sharpen. Although the last ones I purchased wasn’t so bad! I traded a buddy out of all his trad supplies a couple years ago and the snuffers were in the deal. I’m sold. Of course there all good if you send them thru a boiler room!

Return to “Bow Hunting experiences”