IMPORTANT...READ THIS THEN RESPOND.

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Tradman

IMPORTANT...READ THIS THEN RESPOND.

#1 Post by Tradman »

After some serious thought and trying to figure out why the new member sign-ups went from 60 to 0 in nothing flat one can only assume that its the ten dollar fee thats turning people off and turning them around at the front door.we get plenty of visitors just very few signing up.therefore starting this coming tuesday signing up here on tradhunter.com will be free for basic use.If you want in on the drawings you will still have to pay the ten dollars.all current members are in the "paid members" category.
my reasoning for doing this is also because of tradhunters obligation to our sponsors.hopefully this will boost overall membership a lot faster and make this site a more attractive place to come and spend your time at which in turn will bring more sponsors.please let me know what you think.i am a big boy and i can take criticism very well.do not worry about getting in trouble or making me mad because you speak your mind.i want to know what you think.thank you.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

bjorn

Re: IMPORTANT...READ THIS THEN RESPOND.

#2 Post by bjorn »

I think in some cases it is a genuine reflection of the economic times, and people trying to say 'no' even though it may not make sense. Whatever. We know there is a fairly constant stream of 'guests' looking things over and too many of whom do not sign up. Having two classes of members may be a bit unfortunate, but it is what it is, and they can upgrade later should they so choose-good idea Larry, we need new blood.

Tradman

#3 Post by Tradman »

i really feel that after we start getting a good crowd going here people may change thier minds and pay the ten bucks when they get more comfortable with the site and see some giveaways going on that they arent involved in.if not then thats ok also.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

Winterhawk1960

#4 Post by Winterhawk1960 »

Larry,

I think that is a wonderful idea.........it will let people get to see what the site is all about and also give them the opportunity to participate in the threads. If they decide to become paying members to be able to have a chance of winning any of the giveaways (and I'm betting that they will) that's fine, if they don't.........they can still contribute to any of the threads that interest them.

Winterhawk1960

Venator

#5 Post by Venator »

i agree with the above statements!

Red Tailed Hawk

#6 Post by Red Tailed Hawk »

I also agree that It would be a good thing. I cant imagine somebody being a member here for awhile and not signing up for the $10.00 after understanding what you can get in return. This will be a good way to sign up new members and beneficial in the long run, Go for it Larry.
I'm drinking from a saucer 'cause my cup has overflowed.

polar bear

#7 Post by polar bear »

Go for it. Maybe with more members you can get more sponsors. I would like to see more people posting on here. If they don't want to drop a dime for a years worth of chances to win something then that is okay too.
When we do right no one remembers, when we do wrong no one forgets.

4dogs

#8 Post by 4dogs »

Good idea, need to try anything to get folks in here and talking about trad hunting and equipment. The give aways are just a benny.

Irish

#9 Post by Irish »

Like the idea
We are not in Kansas anymore, are we Toto?

Tradman

#10 Post by Tradman »

Bottom line is we need more members posting actively and that realistically wont happen unless our numbers grow.I just want you all to know that my dream for this site is still alive and kickin,we just have to take the long road to get there.

Return to “Campfire”