What did you do today?

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: What did you do today?

#346 Post by Carpdaddy »

After all that other stuff I had to do something more manly. So I shot some arrows, played around with some different weights, sharpened some broadheads, and fletched a few arrows. I was feeling more like a man till I released my first arrow and screamed like a girl!! Still suffering bad shoulder problems and forgot to warm up with the bands before going out to shoot. The shoulder going back upon release hurt BAD!! Or I’m getting soft.

Graps

#347 Post by Graps »

Getting old ain't for sissies.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Elkman
Site Admin

#348 Post by Elkman »

Carpdaddy wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:15 pm I was feeling more like a man till I released my first arrow and screamed like a girl!! Still suffering bad shoulder problems and forgot to warm up with the bands before going out to shoot. The shoulder going back upon release hurt BAD!! Or I’m getting soft.
Man I feel for you, I have been nursing shoulder problems also. It's been going on for almost 2 years now. I've been to physical therapy, no help! Just had ex rays and I am waiting for the results. The Doctor says I may have a bone spur. :(
I was moving around about a week and a half ago, something pulled then popped. It hurt pretty good too. But good news is, it has been feeling pretty good since.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#349 Post by Carpdaddy »

My last visit to that Dr he gave me shots and told me I didn’t need to be shooting a bow. He offered to write me a statement to get a crossbow permit. I rebuked him and told him that I didn’t listen to folks talk that kind of talk, that it was blasphemy! I can pull straight back if I keep doing therapy, it does help me, just don’t ask me to raise my right hand or yell “stick em up”!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#350 Post by Captainkirk »

Elkman wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:53 pm I was moving around about a week and a half ago, something pulled then popped. It hurt pretty good too. But good news is, it has been feeling pretty good since.
Never had anything hurt "good", Tom. Hurt=Bad.
Aim small, miss small!

Twisted Branch

#351 Post by Twisted Branch »

Graps wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:37 pm Getting old ain't for sissies.
Amen Brother!

White Falcon

#352 Post by White Falcon »

x10

Arcuites

#353 Post by Arcuites »

Went to Academy Sports, and Dick's to pick up some simple bow supplies. What a waste of time folks. Local archery store is just about as bad. What has happened to traditional and long bow archery ??!! Finding this is a very niche group... Fine by me. Let's carry the torch ! Back to online shopping...

Graps

#354 Post by Graps »

Sadly, that's what it is coming to these days. :|
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#355 Post by Captainkirk »

Can't go wrong with 3Rivers or Lancaster. There are other good ones as well; The Nocking Point, Kustom King, Lost Nation, who am I forgetting...?
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Campfire”