What did you do today?

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: What did you do today?

#531 Post by Captainkirk »

I've used a good frozen ham bone older than that. Turned out great when slow cooked in the crock pot!
Aim small, miss small!

Grizzly

#532 Post by Grizzly »

Thanks, glad to hear that. I think I'l try my hand at ham and beans next and see how that turns out. Looks like they use either Great Northern or Navy beans. Make some corn bread and enjoy.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

White Falcon

#533 Post by White Falcon »

Worked on a wing bone call and watched another couple inches of rain fall.
Attachments
DSCN7848.JPG
DSCN7848.JPG (25.48 KiB) Viewed 391 times
DSCN7840.JPG
DSCN7840.JPG (30.35 KiB) Viewed 391 times

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#534 Post by Carpdaddy »

Feeling bad today but got to push on, no Church For first night since Christmas, had to visit funeral home though, have a funeral tomorrow.

Graps

#535 Post by Graps »

That's sad Tony. :(
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#536 Post by Captainkirk »

Graps wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:03 pm That's sad Tony. :(
^^^^^^Ditto^^^^^^
Aim small, miss small!

Grizzly

#537 Post by Grizzly »

Sad, yes. But these times give Tony an opportunity to reach those who begin to wonder about what comes after they leave this world and how they can live in this one. Pray that hearts are reached.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

White Falcon

#538 Post by White Falcon »

Well said.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#539 Post by Carpdaddy »

Up at 4 AM due to cough, took family member for bloodwork @ 7, boy to school at 8, doctor at 11 for a good shot in backside, Church for funeral 12-2, on for chest X-ray after funeral, picked up drugs for myself and brother from pharmacy, drove 45 minutes to deliver to brother, and to check on mother’s empty house, by lawyers office for some of Moms business, and finally home! Just hit inhaler and think I coughed up one lung! Lol. Oh the joy of retirement years!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#540 Post by Carpdaddy »

Sickness wins today, can’t remember how long it has been since I missed Church on Sunday, but today I’m home coughing terribly, and hurting in lungs. Also today my 83 old Mother and my wife joined in the barking like a tree dog!

Return to “Campfire”