What did you do today?

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Jamesh76

Re: What did you do today?

#451 Post by Jamesh76 »

Spending the weekend in Plano/Dallas for a soccer tournament.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#452 Post by Captainkirk »

Spent the entire day draining and cleaning my 55 gal. aquarium and moving it 6 feet to the left. Not something I want to do again soon. It was filthy and took up my entire day.
Aim small, miss small!

Grizzly

#453 Post by Grizzly »

Went to a gun show Sat. Was wanting to put hands on different revolvers to help me decide what I really needed and not just wanted. I already have a sub compact Sig and a little .380.. I was wanting to replace a Taurus snub I got rid of that had a crooked barrel. I finally realized that at 71, I don't want (need) that model 13 or something similar that I always thought would be the perfect sidearm. I'm leaning towards a model 60 in either 2.125" or 3" or maybe a Charter Arms Police 6 shot with a 2.2" barrel on the Bulldog frame. I finally got to handle a S&W 3" model 13 that the FBI carried before they went to autos. Beautiful model and does feel good in the hand, but it's too big and heavy for what this old guy really needs. I was driving myself nuts for the last two weeks after coming across a long discontinued Interarms Rossi 720 5 shot .44spc in ss with adj sights on a med to slightly small frame. They weight 30 oz empty. I finally came to the realization that it is just too large for what I want a revolver for at this phase in my life. Years ago, I'd have enjoyed it. Now, I have to preserve what's left of my hearing so I don't shoot anywhere near as much as I used to. (Should have gotten back into bows earlier).

I'm sitting here now and everyday wondering when I will get my 45 gallon tall fish tank going again. I doubt I want to try cleaning it in the tub like I used to. Neither one of us might survive that. I've always enjoyed fish since growing up with them.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#454 Post by Captainkirk »

Grizzly wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:24 am Went to a gun show Sat. Was wanting to put hands on different revolvers to help me decide what I really needed and not just wanted. I already have a sub compact Sig and a little .380.. I was wanting to replace a Taurus snub I got rid of that had a crooked barrel. I finally realized that at 71, I don't want (need) that model 13 or something similar that I always thought would be the perfect sidearm. I'm leaning towards a model 60 in either 2.125" or 3" or maybe a Charter Arms Police 6 shot with a 2.2" barrel on the Bulldog frame. I finally got to handle a S&W 3" model 13 that the FBI carried before they went to autos. Beautiful model and does feel good in the hand, but it's too big and heavy for what this old guy really needs. I was driving myself nuts for the last two weeks after coming across a long discontinued Interarms Rossi 720 5 shot .44spc in ss with adj sights on a med to slightly small frame. They weight 30 oz empty. I finally came to the realization that it is just too large for what I want a revolver for at this phase in my life. Years ago, I'd have enjoyed it. Now, I have to preserve what's left of my hearing so I don't shoot anywhere near as much as I used to. (Should have gotten back into bows earlier).

I'm sitting here now and everyday wondering when I will get my 45 gallon tall fish tank going again. I doubt I want to try cleaning it in the tub like I used to. Neither one of us might survive that. I've always enjoyed fish since growing up with them.
Craig, I took my tank out back (despite the snow) and used the hose. Made pretty short work of the rinsing portion, and no scratching of tub porcelain or broken glass.
As for the firearm, so many choices! The best carry gun for me, honestly, is my Colt Gov't .380 Small, slim, light, and if you can't get out of a fix with seven you're probably not gonna. With 2 extra mags another 14 is a drop away anyway.
Aim small, miss small!

Grizzly

#455 Post by Grizzly »

True, but i also love my revolvers. My Colt Gov't model is a little bigger than .380 and I enjoy I long walk occasionally with it also,
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

stumper

#456 Post by stumper »

Grizzly wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:24 am Went to a gun show Sat. Was wanting to put hands on different revolvers to help me decide what I really needed and not just wanted. I already have a sub compact Sig and a little .380.. I was wanting to replace a Taurus snub I got rid of that had a crooked barrel. I finally realized that at 71, I don't want (need) that model 13 or something similar that I always thought would be the perfect sidearm. I'm leaning towards a model 60 in either 2.125" or 3" or maybe a Charter Arms Police 6 shot with a 2.2" barrel on the Bulldog frame. I finally got to handle a S&W 3" model 13 that the FBI carried before they went to autos. Beautiful model and does feel good in the hand, but it's too big and heavy for what this old guy really needs. I was driving myself nuts for the last two weeks after coming across a long discontinued Interarms Rossi 720 5 shot .44spc in ss with adj sights on a med to slightly small frame. They weight 30 oz empty. I finally came to the realization that it is just too large for what I want a revolver for at this phase in my life. Years ago, I'd have enjoyed it. Now, I have to preserve what's left of my hearing so I don't shoot anywhere near as much as I used to. (Should have gotten back into bows earlier).
LCR makes a 3" 38+p exposed hammer (with full grip and adjustable sights) version that weighs 16oz but its only 5 shots. Cost ya around $350 bucks online. I have a state department stamped Model 13 from overseas. It's amazing but like you said heavy and I have not been impressed with charter arms either. If you want something heavier than the LCR the SP 101 is also 5 shot (22oz I believe and they make it in several different variants. I regret selling mine for sure.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Jamesh76

#457 Post by Jamesh76 »

Recovered from a 7 hour drive back from Dallas, went to Academy Sports for some clearance fishing gear, went to Scheels. Shot the 55# Black Hunter for the first time and broke in Dave's String. Put a weather rest on the BP 709 and string/silences/nock point.

White Falcon

#458 Post by White Falcon »

What were you doing in my neck of the woods. I live 2 hrs East!

Jamesh76

#459 Post by Jamesh76 »

My son plays at a very competitive level in soccer. We should be back down that way in April.

White Falcon

#460 Post by White Falcon »

Soccer is big in Tx.

Return to “Campfire”