Small game

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
BCWV

Small game

#1 Post by BCWV »

Small game, and I'm talking small today. We have a chipmunk problem, they're eating my wife's flower bulbs so I've been working on em with my bow. I missed way more than I've hit but have taken 6 out so far. They're getting pretty edgy with all the wood I've been slinging at them so the shots are getting farther and quicker.
I used my Shrew on this one today and amazed myself when I drilled him. I stepped off 27 yards when I went to get him. Forgive the picture quality, it was taken with my phone.

The groundhogs demolished our garden last summer and I had to resort to using a rifle on them or we wouldn't have had a thing left. I only managed to take 2 with my bow last year.
I've missed a couple shots at ground hogs this year so I figured I'd take a stroll around the place and see if I could do any good on them this evening. Still using my Shrew, I took this little one at 21 yards.

The game got a little bigger as the evening went on. I'm still trying to get a shot at the big ole girl that counted one less of her youngins tonight.

I love hunting small game!

TradRat

Re: Small game

#2 Post by TradRat »

Way to go! I wanted to hunt chipmunks here but, they are protected.
"It is not the end result but, the lessons and the journey of the hunt that count!" TW Lanoy

Coaster500

#3 Post by Coaster500 »

Next week God willing and my back working I'm going on my annual ground squirrel hunt... my buddy owns 3700 acres north of me and the rodents destroy his land... There are thousands of them... Great practice and a blast !! The things are so tough that I started using broadheads to pin them down instead of blunts...

''Life's tough, pilgrim,and it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' JohnWayne

AWPForester

#4 Post by AWPForester »

Good shooting fellas. BC, I live in WV too so if they get outta hand I'll come up and help. I got a cat to deal with these little buggers. They are destructive to plants, Campers, Homes, so way to get on'em. But they wise up fast.

Ripforce

#5 Post by Ripforce »

We have a lot of them around my house i may start flinging some at them too!
Bama Royal Longbow
Bama Hunter Longbow
Bama 60in Expedition R/D
Bear Polar Recurve 66in 48@28 #10BJ135
"Rise and Rise again Till Lambs become Lions"

BBWV

#6 Post by BBWV »

Way to go Brother

excelpoint

#7 Post by excelpoint »

Great stuff mate. I love small game hunting.
It's all about the Journey, a kill is just the end result.

Red Tailed Hawk

#8 Post by Red Tailed Hawk »

Nice Shootin.
I'm drinking from a saucer 'cause my cup has overflowed.

Return to “Campfire”