dahyer....

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
J. Holden

Re: dahyer....

#21 Post by J. Holden »

Ordered a string, can't wait to see your product!

-Jeremy

Tradman

#22 Post by Tradman »

He makes great strings guys.Tom is working on putting you up here as a sponsor.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

stumper

#23 Post by stumper »

J. Holden wrote:Ordered a string, can't wait to see your product!

-Jeremy
Got your order sir!
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Longtrad

#24 Post by Longtrad »

What is the recipe for a b55 string that can fit goldtip carbon nocks? sometimes I feel like being blasphemous and shoot space aged carbons through my golden age recurves.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#25 Post by Captainkirk »

Longtrad wrote:What is the recipe for a b55 string that can fit goldtip carbon nocks? sometimes I feel like being blasphemous and shoot space aged carbons through my golden age recurves.
:shock: A pox on you!
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#26 Post by stumper »

Longtrad wrote:What is the recipe for a b55 string that can fit goldtip carbon nocks? sometimes I feel like being blasphemous and shoot space aged carbons through my golden age recurves.
Normally I do a 14 strand b55 string that normally fits good on most nocks and may be a tinch loose/perfect on the bohning classic nock. However, for a carbon arrow if your bow is below 50 lbs I would do a 12 strand and that should fit. It is important to never adjust the nocks on your arrow. I'll be doing a video soon on the blog section of my site how to adjust the string to the nock (much preferable). See when you adjust each nock there is a large potential for error as each nock must be adjusted and you may push one side to much and then each nock does not fit the same. Instead I suggest get your nock point correct and then use a small portion of dental floss if too loose (more common problem than too tight) and test. If a good fit is acheived then superglue into place and all you have done is buff the serving up a tinch to accept the nock.. I'll show you exactly how to do that in that video.

stumper

#27 Post by stumper »

J. Holden wrote:Ordered a string, can't wait to see your product!

-Jeremy
Your order has been filled and it will ship tomorrow by priority mail.

Longtrad

#28 Post by Longtrad »

Right on. That's another reason I like my servings to fit gold tip carbon nocks. If I decide to shoot woodies with bohning classic nocks all I have to do is a little string to the serving.

stumper

#29 Post by stumper »

Longtrad wrote:Right on. That's another reason I like my servings to fit gold tip carbon nocks. If I decide to shoot woodies with bohning classic nocks all I have to do is a little string to the serving.
Exactly and too loose is actually better than too tight believe it or not.

Tradman

#30 Post by Tradman »

You are up on the sponsor board
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

Return to “Campfire”