Single and double bevel broadhead cut profiles

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Ron Kulas

Single and double bevel broadhead cut profiles

#1 Post by Ron Kulas »

My new 250 grain Single Bevel Cutthroat broadheads arrived for my Water Buffalo hunt so I bought a few Rutabagas and before made a video comparing single and double bevel broadheads and their cut profiles through a variety of mediums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYKUGjV ... 6Q&index=1
The Joy is in the doing.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Single and double bevel broadhead cut profiles

#2 Post by Carpdaddy »

Hum; interesting there Science Guy. Thanks.

Ron Kulas

#3 Post by Ron Kulas »

Thats Dr. Science. I have a PHD. (Post Hole Digger)
The Joy is in the doing.

Shadowhntr

#4 Post by Shadowhntr »

Exactly what Dr Ashby said happens, and through my experience as well. No doubt double bevel will do the job in most cases,,,,,but that single bevel increases the odds of deep penetration by quite a bit esp if bone is encountered. With your buffalo you KNOW heavy ribs will be encountered. With my whitetail hunting mixed with my nerves and poor shooting??? I stand a good chance of bone encounters. Even if I dont, the rotation of the single bevel out cuts a double every time in area of wound channel. A no brainer in my book.
You got my support Ron....you're on the right track. Single bevel, with enough momentum to continue on through.... thats the ticket.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Ron Kulas

#5 Post by Ron Kulas »

Plus if Im deer faced with dangerous rutabaga, Im set. They don't stand a chance.
The Joy is in the doing.

Return to “Campfire”