Selfbow project

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Shadowhntr

Re: Selfbow project

#16 Post by Shadowhntr »

My personal taste and opinion is Osage. Outside of maybe yew, it will last the longest for your investment and work. Yew has always been a top choice and my #2 pick. It's a lot of work carving out a bow, so id want the bow to last as long as possible without getting setback or failure. You wont go wrong with either wood. I like the grain of osage better, and the dark honey color it ends up, as well as its long lasting capabilities.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Shadowhntr

#17 Post by Shadowhntr »

I might be able to merge this topic into the poll thread once its created . I'll have to see if I can remember how before I make promises.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

stumper

#18 Post by stumper »

Shadowhntr wrote:My personal taste and opinion is Osage. Outside of maybe yew, it will last the longest for your investment and work. Yew has always been a top choice and my #2 pick. It's a lot of work carving out a bow, so id want the bow to last as long as possible without getting setback or failure. You wont go wrong with either wood. I like the grain of osage better, and the dark honey color it ends up, as well as its long lasting capabilities.
mmm yes.... Maybe I need to do both...
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

stumper

#19 Post by stumper »

Captainkirk wrote:
dahyer wrote:How do I create a poll on a page???
1) New topic
2) Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page
3) Ask poll question
4) Fill out options for answers.

I don't think you can add a poll to an existing thread so just start a new one.
looked and looked after clicking new topic... used find command still cant locate the poll option.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Graps

#20 Post by Graps »

I just checked it out and it has changed.
There is no Poll button anymore, just fill out the bottom of the new topic where the poll question is and follow the rest.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Return to “Campfire”