Not so obvious hunting trip check list.

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Graps

Not so obvious hunting trip check list.

#1 Post by Graps »

Ok, we need to make a check list for a long distant hunting trip that will be no where near a town to get things you might need.
Now I'm talking about the not so obvious things like tweezers, magnifying glass, tire pump, that sorta stuff.
So what have you thought of?
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

stumper

Re: Not so obvious hunting trip check list.

#2 Post by stumper »

Multi tool with pliers, emergency six pack, small tin container, bag of Fritos, plastic trash bag, and ramen seasoning packets.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

Definitely arrow 'fix-it kit'.
I have a small tackle box with nocks, field points super glue, point glue, Bitz, feathers, Stay Sharp and stones, and a bunch of other little misc things I take up north when I go stumping. It's come in real handy when you get down to only a couple functioning arrows.
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#4 Post by Graps »

How about string building jig and material just incase someone in the hunting party might need a new string.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Graps

#5 Post by Graps »

Come along, Block and tackle.

stumper

#6 Post by stumper »

Graps wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:09 pm How about string building jig and material just incase someone in the hunting party might need a new string.
Why not just bring in two shot in strings?? It said not so obvious so I skipped over extra strings.

Graps

#7 Post by Graps »

Because the first year I went bear hunting I cut my bow string before the first time out to hunt and then I only had one string.
That made me a little uneasy. :?
Just saying, could be someone else could have an unexpected mishap with a string and no backup.

stumper

#8 Post by stumper »

Graps wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:35 pm Because the first year I went bear hunting I cut my bow string before the first time out to hunt and then I only had one string.
That made me a little uneasy. :?
Just saying, could be someone else could have an unexpected mishap with a string and no backup.
True

Graps

#9 Post by Graps »

High quality duct tape.
Mole skin, good for if you get a blister on your foot. And can make a decent bow grip cover if you needed to fix a leather grip.
Blood clotting kit. In additional to a good first aid kit.

Jamesh76

#10 Post by Jamesh76 »

Things I always forget. Aspirin and extra boot laces

Return to “Campfire”