For all our police oficers on here.

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: For all our police oficers on here.

#11 Post by Carpdaddy »

Sorry Griz. And thank you to our law enforcement.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#12 Post by Captainkirk »

My condolences, Griz.
Aim small, miss small!

Greg Felty

#13 Post by Greg Felty »

Sorry for your loss Craig.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Arcuites

#14 Post by Arcuites »

Words are cheap from someone who has never partook in such honorable service. Hopefully my prayers offer some solace to the sacrifices you've all made on my families behalf. May God Bless you richly.

Grizzly

#15 Post by Grizzly »

I've retired from being an auto mechanic for most of my life. I can't believe how many mornings I wake up dreaming about all the problems, conflicts and work place intrigue I thought was behind me. The thoughts and dreams of two years in Viet Nam lingered but eventually faded, though sometimes I still have dreams about those years and people. I can't image what it must be like to go from military service in a combat zone to serving in Law Enforcement for another 20 to 30 years or more; and then retiring and thinking all that is behind you now.

Just taking the concealed carry class at 70 and then continuing with more classes given by law enforcement officers is stirring up how I was so much more aware in the old days, growing up in Brooklyn, NY along with my military service. I've shot on a simulator twice now that I'm told the FBI uses. What an eye opener. I hate to admit how much I've taken for granted what these men and women live with everyday.

We went to my Grandson's graduation which had balconies all around and we were down by the stage. Now you have to realize that I didn't even go see Bob Hope because I knew that base could easily take mortar fire. Sitting in that college auditorium and seeing no one looking anywhere but up on stage left me thinking there was no security within sight. There was none at the doors. I can't image a career of being in condition yellow all the time and red on too many occasions now a days. My body and mind still has to confirm it is 2nd Tuesday every month when the sirens go off. I had to be the first to respond every time I heard the siren over there so that I could light the place up with mortar flares or H.E. I can't imagine responding every night to calls that could turn ugly and deadly.

My brother lost his son to depression around his 16th birthday. So, I'm sure that weighted heavily on his mind also. What a load to carry. I think my attitude which has been good all my life towards law enforcement has changed. They truly don't get the credit they deserve. And thank you for all the condolences. I think his daughter must miss him even more than I do. I think I'll give her a call tomorrow.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Longbowfanatic

#16 Post by Longbowfanatic »

Thanks for all the kind words to our LEO brothers and sisters. I was fortunate to have an amazing career in law enforcement for 27 years. I also have two brothers who are also police officers, one of whom has now retired. It's a tough, but noble career. Thanks for taking the time to express gratitude to our LEO community. That means a lot. Grizz- my deepest sympathies, brother.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#17 Post by Captainkirk »

Thanks to you for your service, Dennis!
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#18 Post by Graps »

👏👏👏👏
Thank you all out service people.........

And let us all remember what memorial day is all about.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Jose

#19 Post by Jose »

Longbowfanatic wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:52 am Thanks for all the kind words to our LEO brothers and sisters. I was fortunate to have an amazing career in law enforcement for 27 years. I also have two brothers who are also police officers, one of whom has now retired. It's a tough, but noble career. Thanks for taking the time to express gratitude to our LEO community. That means a lot. Grizz- my deepest sympathies, brother.
Well said....... I would like to thank everyone for their gratitude. Law enforcement has changed greatly since I was sworn in. I know for me, it is people like all of you here, that show us their support on a regular basis that gives me hope. Thank you to all of you and especially those veterans who served and those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our great country. Grizzly, I am so sorry for your loss.......

Graps

#20 Post by Graps »

Good to see you here Jose, and you fine people are very appreciated here. :D
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Return to “Campfire”