With Regret..........

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Jose

With Regret..........

#1 Post by Jose »

I would like to start by telling all of you how much I respect you here on the site. There is a great group of individuals here carrying on the archery tradition. A group that has respect for others and for the sport. I have shared many stories with the people on here and have met several through my business. I got into building bows, not because of the money, but because of the enjoyment, I received when I would deliver a bow to a happy customer. It gave me something to do in the evenings and weekends which was therapeutic for me. It allowed me to escape the stresses of the day and to work on something I truly enjoyed, traditional archery.

Recently I have had some changes occurring in my life. My sons are becoming more involved in school activities which has taken some of my time away I used for working on bows. I was promoted about a month ago to Chief of Police. This promotion has changed my schedule drastically. I am working more hours on evenings and weekends that use to be the time I built bows.

I have tried to juggle all areas of my life to see if the schedule would work out and it is not. I am finding that I do not have the time or energy to keep up with everything. Since my police job pays the bills, I have had to make the tough decision this year to close the bow business down. I appreciate all the support from everyone and plan to pop in as time permits. Thanks again and I wish everyone the best.

Elkman
Site Admin

Re: With Regret..........

#2 Post by Elkman »

Congratulations José on your promotion!
Sorry to here about Flatline bows shutting down.
Thanks a bunch for being a great sponsor of Tradhunter!
We will look forward to you popping in once in awhile.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Shadowhntr

#3 Post by Shadowhntr »

Dang Jose...I have to say I've got a lot of mixed emotions going. In any case I hope your life feels more peaceful. Congrats!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Graps

#4 Post by Graps »

Congratulations on your promotion and hope you will stop buy once in a while here.
Best to you and yours. :D
PS: That Wormhole means a lot to me and I'm proud to have it.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

White Falcon

#5 Post by White Falcon »

Fully understand!

stumper

#6 Post by stumper »

.....I understand. Proud to have three of your creations. Your kindness and generosity has meant the world.
Attachments
0FC6E7AF-0639-4263-A8C9-724497F5F6E3.jpeg
0FC6E7AF-0639-4263-A8C9-724497F5F6E3.jpeg (171.94 KiB) Viewed 109 times
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#7 Post by Captainkirk »

Well, there goes my plans for a Flatline...LOL!
Congrats on your promotion, and we all know family time is way more important than building bows. You can always go back to it later. Family; not so much.
I hope you will continue to remain active here, I always enjoy your stories and input!
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#8 Post by Carpdaddy »

Congratulations on your promotion, one man can’t do everything! Do stop by and report in along, especially when you got Deer pictures, it’s that time again! Thanks for being such a huge part of this site.

Jose

#9 Post by Jose »

Thank you for the support gentlemen, it is greatly appreciated!

Longbowfanatic

#10 Post by Longbowfanatic »

Congratulations on your promotion, Chief! Family first!

Return to “Campfire”