So, who all are veterans here?

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Jamesh76

So, who all are veterans here?

#1 Post by Jamesh76 »

USMC infantry squat leader. 0311. Seen 26 countries, and some not so pleasant encounters. Loved every minute of it and hold a special place in my heart for those I served with. The majority of us are still in touch. Suicide and terminal illness has taken 3 of my brothers. Just recently learned on another who is I'll and in chemo. Luckily, everyone survived deployment and returned home to there loved ones. Few were wounded and some suffer with PTSD but we all made it. If you haven't served, it's tough to explain the bond you held and continue to hold. Bless the guardians of the USA past, present and future. Your sacrafices are not forgotten. This time of year and veterans day is always a special time. Bless those who have gave all.

stumper

Re: So, who all are veterans here?

#2 Post by stumper »

Not I, But I certainly wish to express my gratitude for all our trad hunter members that do!
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Elkman
Site Admin

#3 Post by Elkman »

I was in the US Navy from 1980 to 1986.
I served as a Radioman and was a Crypto Technician on Fleet Ballistic Missile Submarines. Also known as a Boomer because of our Nucs.
We had some serious fire power!
The sub I was stationed on was the USS Von Steuben (SSBN-632). We would go out to sea for about 60 to 75 days at a time. Most of which we would spend totally submerged.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

Nothing but respect here for those who served.
Aim small, miss small!

USMC4life

#5 Post by USMC4life »

USMC 0623 Radio operator. 2009-2013. Stationed on Camp Pendleton with 2 tours to Helmand Province, Afghanistan. Came close to re-enlisting on my second tour, after being promoted to Sergeant. Decided it wasn’t my calling after 4 long years. Wouldn’t do it any different if I could. I do miss my brothers in arms. Semper Fidelis.

A huge thank you to all the support from our non-veteran members. We salute you.
Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share.
- Ned Dolan

Graps

#6 Post by Graps »

Appreciate you all. :D
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Shadowhntr

#7 Post by Shadowhntr »

I support and love our Veterans and military personnel. My life and more importantly my children's lives would never have been the same without each and every one of you. Thank you from my heart.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Dan

#8 Post by Dan »

USMC 2846 com tech 2000-2005. Stationed at 29 Palms, CA Okinawa, Japan and Camp Leguene NC. Went to Afghanistan with the 22nd MEU in 2004. I fixed your broken radios, Josh. I do miss my Marine brothers.

Grizzly

#9 Post by Grizzly »

US Army. Sep 1966 to Mar 1969. I spent two years in Viet Nam with MACV Advisory Team 75 in the Delta outside the town of MyTho. MACV leased an old Catholic Seminary, complete with a cross on the roof and concrete walls that had bunkers along them and at the corners. We also had interior bunkers and one on the roof. My position was the mortar pits, where we had two 81mm and two 60mm mortars. During that TET offensive, I wasn't allowed to leave the pits, and they would wake me with the field phone every hour all night long to fire a round or two anywhere I wanted to around our position. We prided ourselves on being fast and many times could beat the 9th Division artillery for any close support that we could reach. We had an Intelligence officer, Major Devlin, join our unit, who had used mortars in the Dominican Republic years ago. He turned us into a crack team, and one night even asked me if I'd carry a radio for him out in the field with a Vietnamese unit. I was glad to, and got chewed out the next morning for missing bed check. The first year was pretty cushy. I was the one who got the mail out to everyone. The second year the First Sgt. assigned me to do the books and accounting for the mess assoc. So, I managed the enlisted and officers club bars the second year. I said, but First Sgt, I never even had bookkeeping in high school. He gave me that look, and said, "You can read, can't you?" That was fun. :roll: I'd go into the officers quarters in the evening and say, who took accounting in college? Please explain this.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Return to “Campfire”