Horsebow

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
stumper

Horsebow

#1 Post by stumper »

Anyone ever hunt with a horsebow? Bodnik has a real looker at 250 bucks, 52" with forever warranty. Bubinga Riser with olive wood vaneers, clear glass and maple cores. Looks tree stand friendly.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: Horsebow

#2 Post by Captainkirk »

I watched a couple guys shoot them on YT, Dave. They were way overbowed (seems like it's hard to find one in lower weights) and they looked ungainly to me. I'd sooner have a K-Mag or Super 48 for stand work.
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#3 Post by stumper »

Bodnik offers 29, 35, 40, 45, 50, and 55 pounds

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

Flemish Dave wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:34 pm Bodnik offers 29, 35, 40, 45, 50, and 55 pounds
Oh, well...that's different!
Aim small, miss small!

Jamesh76

#5 Post by Jamesh76 »

I'd buy a kmag or Shakespeare Sierra first

Graps

#6 Post by Graps »

I have heard of them unstringing themselves just laying on a table.
They have no practical use, just nostalgia.
I too if I were looking for a short bow would go with a K-Mag. Or even Super 48.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#7 Post by Carpdaddy »

Never shot one, interesting looking, my mind says “Handshock” when I see one. But again; never shot one.

Longtrad

#8 Post by Longtrad »

Never shot one. I have heard some of them offer more performance since they are a static tip. Many of the asiatic bows have thick wood siyiahs. that much material on the limb tip sure makes me scratch my head but I don't know much about the design. I would think one made of modern materials with smaller lighter siyiahs would be a real arrow launcher.

That being said I don't know how much performance, if any, would be gained over a more tradition short static tip recurve like a helms deep.

Speaking of helms deep and javaman he had an Asiatic influenced bow that looks fast but is not real short if I remember right. Might be worth a look.

horsebow

#9 Post by horsebow »

As my handle imply s I have a soft spot for this type of bow. They will vary in respect to speed and performance but when you find a style that fits you would be hard pressed to find a more natural pointing bow. My two favorites are Kassai and Attila . Check out attilasarchery.com he makes a hunting bow. Mine is only 40lbs and the arrows hit hard and fast. My focus is mounted archery but I couldn't resist chiming in. You could even pick up a cheap Asian bow just to play and experiment.

stumper

#10 Post by stumper »

Thanks for chiming in! I actually had one a long time ago and loved it. Now my favorite company is making one. I may have to spring for it.

Return to “Campfire”