Is it still tag soup?

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Graps

Is it still tag soup?

#1 Post by Graps »

If you bought your tag but didn't go hunting at all? :?
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Grizzly

Re: Is it still tag soup?

#2 Post by Grizzly »

Sadly, I don't even have a tag to throw in the soup. Worse than that, when I asked my daughter, who we just found out is battling pneumonia, if she wanted some soup, she said she didn't even want me to make any chicken soup. Now that hurts. :(
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

stumper

#3 Post by stumper »

Tag soup here for last 3 years pushin almost 40 hunts now. Getting to the point where next time I may just go stumping or not even bring a bow and just be outside. Every time I call it a hunt I get excited. In almost 40 hunts I have seen a total of 5 deer (all in 2 hunts) and only 1 was really in bow Range. I may just start fishing more until I get access to good land.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#4 Post by Carpdaddy »

Bought tags, went hunting, had deer in range, took pictures, and still eating tag soup!

White Falcon

#5 Post by White Falcon »

Been seeing 4points and undersized 8's. Haven't given up yet.

dougedwards

#6 Post by dougedwards »

Fishing is good.

Doug
"Therefore, having put away falsehood, let each one of you speak the truth with his neighbor, for we are members one of another."
Ephesians 4:25

Grizzly

#7 Post by Grizzly »

That's what I liked about spring turkey hunts. One year I shot my first turkey and later that afternoon I hit the farm ponds and caught my first 5# bass.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Jamesh76

#8 Post by Jamesh76 »

No, I don't consider it tag soup. I think of it as a donation to conservation.

Dave- Keep at it, you will get there. Different strategy, different area etc. Think outside the box.

stumper

#9 Post by stumper »

Jamesh76 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:50 am No, I don't consider it tag soup. I think of it as a donation to conservation.

Dave- Keep at it, you will get there. Different strategy, different area etc. Think outside the box.
We’ll see. I’ve hunted almost every wma in the area multiple times. From ground and from stands. Used wind, scent control, buck bombs, calling, no calling ect. I just don’t have much left in me honestly. I’ve spend thousands in tags and gas. I’ll still shoot and probably hunt something else but deer seem to be pretty scarce and skiddish in my area. I’m probably going to put my effort else where and hope to get access to some private land (been unsuccessful there too). An unsuccessful hunt is not a waste of time. But there comes a point when enough is enough. Perhaps I’ll put more time in building my problem Osage stave.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Jamesh76

#10 Post by Jamesh76 »

look at them books for Kansas I sent you. Compare the maps to google earth and pick an area. If its close to me. I could even go check it out for you as I coyote hunt the east 1/2 of the state yearly. Take a week of vacation the 2nd week of November. Pretty sure you would be successful at least an opportunity.

Return to “Campfire”