Bear Hunt in Qubec

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Graps

Bear Hunt in Qubec

#1 Post by Graps »

SIGN-UP time is here for Traditional Archery Bear Quest 13 Quebec,Canada JUNE 2019'. 1st week JUNE 15-22 & 2nd week JUNE 22-29 (we leave the evening before hunt starts for drive up to camp). Hunt takes place in NE Quebec,Canada which is picture postcard Boreal forest and it is not unusal to see Moose,Pine Martin,an occassional Whitetail,Lynx,Fox and Bald Eagles and BLACK BEARS :-) Cost of hunt is $2995.00 and includes EVERYTHING Except:Getting to & from camp,checking in Bear $7 (in 2018') , alcohol & chew if you partake & fishing for Walleye & Pike if you like with licenses starting at about $18.00 plus cost of bait.Shots are from treestands with a blind or two available if one wants.Shots are UP-Close & Personal.Running water & Hot showers, homecooked meals with as much wild game on menu as possible.Treestand & targets in camp.We skin & butcher bears in camp and have 3 freezers,some baits are accessible only by boat which we will have 2 boats & motors in camp.When weather permits we have campfire everynight.I have been going to area for more than 30 years and Outfitter where we stay has a great setup.A deposit of at least $500.00 will secure a spot.This hunt is all TRADITIONAL BOWHUNTERS.Do not hesitate to ask and & all questions. THANKS Tom email imdiablo62@aol.com,Cell 973-224-5674.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Graps

Re: Bear Hunt in Qubec

#2 Post by Graps »

Great opportunity and a good time.
I'm going the second week.
This guy is still there waiting.
IMG_0013201861913223.jpg
IMG_0013201861913223.jpg (157.11 KiB) Viewed 259 times
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

White Falcon

#3 Post by White Falcon »

Sounds like a very reasonable hunt!

Graps

#4 Post by Graps »

Tom gets the bait sites established and keeps them up so when the hunt time gets here, there's lots of activity on the sites.
Going to be some famous traditional hunters there.
Larry Dix is expected to be there.
Also we are going to have a classically trained chef.
Piere Laphlemb.
XAaiP6g.jpg
XAaiP6g.jpg (34.09 KiB) Viewed 250 times

Grizzly

#5 Post by Grizzly »

SPAM!! :| I think our parents must have acquired a taste for that stuff during the great depression and the years that followed. They even seemed to enjoy :roll: cooking the stuff. :roll:

I will say though, that I much preferred when Dad served SPAM to Dinty Moore beef stew from a can.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#6 Post by Captainkirk »

Graps wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:38 am Also we are going to have a classically trained chef.
Piere Laphlemb.
Say, ain't he related to that Pepe LePew feller? :shock:
Aim small, miss small!

Grizzly

#7 Post by Grizzly »

C'est impossible! Pepe LePew had more classe than to serve... SPAM
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Grizzly

#8 Post by Grizzly »

Back to the bear hunt. I can see how that photo above could keep you up at night. He looks like a nice one.

But what do I know? I left Northern NJ before the bears took over everyone's backyards and played in the pools and on the kid's swing sets and sliding boards.

White Falcon

#9 Post by White Falcon »

Hay, I like SPAM and Dinty Moore beef stew. Guess I'm Old.

Caddo

#10 Post by Caddo »

This is a great hunt for anyone that’s interested! This will be my 10th year. All inclusive except for your travel up! Pretty sweet deal. In the 10 years that I’ve been going I don’t recall anyone not seeing bears or not having a shot opportunity! It’s always a great camp, great people and good hunting. Tom Phillips will bust his butt to make sure you get an opportunity at a bear! Everyone chips in to help the rookies or, doing camp chores and baiting. I’ve been on a few hunts in my time and you won’t find a better one!

LD

Return to “Campfire”