Scorpion Long Bow

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Roadsnakes

Scorpion Long Bow

#1 Post by Roadsnakes »

I`d like to hear your thoughts on This Bow.....................
'
https://www.southwestarcheryusa.com/pro ... on-longbow
'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUg0Ua8IFBY

Jamesh76

Re: Scorpion Long Bow

#2 Post by Jamesh76 »

Interesting look with all the woods in the riser. I have never seen or heard of this bow before now. 68" bows don't interest me. Looks decent in the video. I'd buy a black hunter over this bow. Imo, the $290 price is pretty steep for a Bowyer and bow make I'm not familiar with. If there were bunches of people shooting and reviewing them it would weigh in greatly on my position of buying it.

Graps

#3 Post by Graps »

I've not heard of that one, but it looks good and appears to shoot well.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Grizzly

#4 Post by Grizzly »

I'd sure have to handle it before giving an opinion and you should too. Do you like the grip? That is such a personal preference thing. Do you want one that long? That's alot of bow for a tree stand. Are you satisfied with black limbs? Is it a natural in your hand. Are you comfortable with it and does it give you a sort of "zing", owning it? Do you shoot it well? Can you try one out first? A long time ago I established that rule for myself. Try before you buy. By not holding to that rule, I've been sorry a few times.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Longtrad

#5 Post by Longtrad »

Some of those southwest archery bows are made by samick, not sure if all of them are. I would expect them to be good bows, but you never know until you try...

it reminded me of a hill style bow with a better grip :lol:

Return to “Campfire”