Where did everyone go?

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Grizzly

Re: Where did everyone go?

#31 Post by Grizzly »

So far, based only on someone's reading of an xray and relayed to my Dr, they say I aggravated the calcium deposits from old injuries. They say they act like little bone spurs that hit nerves and make you back out of what you should have the strength to do. If I am relaying correctly what I was told. I asked this last time, as I was getting my second shot if someone could go in there and scrape that away. I was told to wait and see what these shots do first and that sometimes they start to last longer.

I was told I did not tear any ligaments or the rotator cuff, which is good news. All from tripping and landing on that shoulder. Imagine if I had fallen out of a tree. Actually, like many here, my days in trees was over before I tripped. Really, if I tripped over a pothole, I probably have no business climbing ladders and sitting in trees anymore. But I do miss it. I miss having large hawks land on the same branch i'm sitting on. I miss looking down on a flock of blue birds feeding and watching the one sentry up high, I miss having small birds land and sit on my arrow, and I miss the antics of those crazy squirrels. I miss watching the deer from up high and I really miss my naps in those trees.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#32 Post by Captainkirk »

Grizzly wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:54 am I miss watching the deer from up high and I really miss my naps in those trees.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Ground naps I have done. Tree naps...nuh uh. I've read way too many horror stories about guys landing on their own arrows!
Aim small, miss small!

Donnie

#33 Post by Donnie »

Grizzly,

Yes.... the same storm! Where I use to live, I was very accustomed to getting a lot of snow... but here in Western Oregon, we only received about 16 inches... but it was VERY wet and HEAVY.... and it brought down a lot of trees. That... and here on the Western side of the state... they really aren't prepared to fight snow. We didn't have power for about 2-1/2 weeks but I plumbed our house for propane (even though its "kinda" the same thing... there is no Natural Gas out here.) so we had a stove to cook with... and we have always had a wood stove for heat... which is the way many out here like to heat. Our water is from a creek and is gravity fed... so... we had all that we needed, including ice cold showers! (just no internet!... or TV to watch hunting movies on!!!)

No flooding here.... Its very mountainous here and water drainage isn't a problem. I was surprised how many older people were not ready for the extended power outage. I kept very busy getting heat back in a few houses for the folks! Along our railroad tracks... we probably had over 1000 trees down across the tracks... and most of my crossings were without power. (I still have one crossing that doesn't have commercial power to it!!!) But.... things are returning to normal around here and I was back teaching archery at the High School yesterday. So... Life if good!!!!

How about you??? Was there any damage from the tornadoes? I lived in Wisconsin for a time... and it was my first exposure to the Red Cross. They also supplied meals to us when our neighbors house was heavily damaged by a tornado... I wont forget the kindness of the Red Cross!!!!

Respectfully,

Donnie
Respectfully,

"Donnie"

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#34 Post by Captainkirk »

Donnie, glad to hear you are back up and running again.
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Campfire”