confession is good for the soul

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
joe harrod1945

confession is good for the soul

#1 Post by joe harrod1945 »

my draw lenght is actually 25".i bragged about getting 28" with the new form but i was wrong.shooting right handed is more natural now being right eye dominate .building some wood arrows no pics.started at 28"an cut them down 1/2" at a time until they shot true at 26".shooting 45/50 spine cedar arrows.arrow weight 506 grs.how i come up with that figure the shaft was 26" from nock to edge of field point which is 12grsx26"=312grs +10=322 grs the 10 grs is the amount of wood in field point an nock so 322grs +160gr field point=482grs +12 for nock=494grs +12grs for feathers=506grs.shooting my k-mag 45lbs @28"factory.as we get older we tend to be less forgiving.

stumper

Re: confession is good for the soul

#2 Post by stumper »

No judgement here. I also have a short draw. Sounds like you have some good arrows there. I've been shooting spruce for years now but want to get back to cedar.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Graps

#3 Post by Graps »

What's to confess?
Sounds like you have a working setup. 👍
Buy the way, I like all kinds of wood.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Lowcountry

#4 Post by Lowcountry »

I have a short draw as well. I've grumbled about it to myself for a while, and thought about how great it would be to have a "long" draw, and then just the other day I saw a long drawer lamenting about how difficult it was for him to get more than 145 grain up front. :D

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#5 Post by Carpdaddy »

27” draw here.
I worked many years underground in the Blue Jim coal mines, average height of 28”, crawled all day on hands and knees, taller guys with longer arms were at a great disadvantage, I learned to love my short arms back then.

Return to “Campfire”