lurking

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Tradman

lurking

#1 Post by Tradman »

I along with several other members have noticed that we get a lot of views on most of the threads but not very many replies to most of them.We all need to participate,ask questions or tell stories,maybe show off your bows or something...for example: I posted about black widow donating two knives for a giveaway..38 lookers 5 replies and two of the 5 are mine.What gives ? We need more participation by all members, (except a few of us) more of something is way better than a lot of nothing.We dont want the site to grow stagnant and dry up and blow away. :shock: :shock:
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

Littlebigman

Re: lurking

#2 Post by Littlebigman »

good point! i have noticed the same thing and was wondering what gives?
KWITCHURBELYAIKEN

AWPForester

#3 Post by AWPForester »

I agree. Everybody is just looking including me. I will do better

stickbow37

#4 Post by stickbow37 »

I was guilty of being a "lurker" - I lurked around this site for a very long time before I joined, read lots of posts, gathered information, and eventually joined because, quite frankly, I like the joint! I still, however, browse through threads to see what they are all about, even if I only look and do not post, mostly because I either have nothing to say, or am not intersted in the thread. Doesn't mean I will not participate, only that the subject I looked at wasn't one I wished to post on, but was interested in the subject matter. Human nature indicated many will just look..and not post...it is the way we are :)
Hunt them close, hunt them fair.

Tradman

#5 Post by Tradman »

true true stickbow...i know some people are just lookers and readers but overall thats all they want to do.Not much we can do about that.I would just like to see more activity overall,that attracts members that attract sponsors that donate more gear for us to give away to you guys. ;)
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

AWPForester

#6 Post by AWPForester »

Well said and true by both. We need more OSB's!

centaurian

#7 Post by centaurian »

I would participate more, but I tend to lack eloquence and couth..Both words of which I know the meaning but probably cant spell. I am a bit of a redneck, with just enough hippie to piss off most everyone. Not on purpose mind you, but because I am opinionated and share it, even though I realize most will not agree with me. That being said, I'm guilty of lurking more than anything else; because I like it here and dont want to wear out my welcome. I have a bad habit of losing track of the original post and going off on a tangent about a related subject..Need.. more.. restraint..! Better I mostly lurk... :P

Tradman

#8 Post by Tradman »

haha...good one centaurian

South MS Bowhunter

#9 Post by South MS Bowhunter »

I agree the life of the site will be in the testimonies of it members, tell the story, post, or opinion only as you can the one who experience it.
"The Lord is My shepherd I shall not want...."

bjorn

#10 Post by bjorn »

Thanks for pointing that out! I can do better.

Return to “Campfire”